True Enclave

Gafgar Adolis

I am currently looking to assemble a team of modders for an as-yet-ill-defined 'Join the Enclave' mod I am piecing together. Said mod will feature a large Raven Rock-style base for the player to explore/inhabit, will probably include Sergeant Dornan, may feature a questline equal or larger in size to the vanilla main quest, and may or may not end with the player being elected President of the United States.

Benefits for joining said team include:

1: Not being fed to Deathclaws

2: Not being subjected to FEV exposure

3: The priveledge to subject others to FEV exposure

4: The sense of satisfaction that comes with having served the glorious United States

5: Delicious cake*

(*Lie)

At present the first version of this mod will focus primarily on the new base (currently being put together under the working title of Fort Darius), therefore someone skilled in interior worldbuilding is the most urgently needed. Other tasks such as adding new items and scripting the questline will be dealt with as the project picks up speed.

For those who need photographic proof that I'm actually doing anything, a look at what's currently been done on Fort Darius:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v341/MSUJeremi/Fallout/FortDarius1.png

While I'm relatively good at fitting static pieces together, lighting and cluttering are beyond me, therefore someone who can do that would be a Godsend at the moment. Fort Darius will eventually include at least three different cells and be comparable in size as well as appearance to Raven Rock, so there will be a lot of work to be done.

I'll be looking forward to your responses.

One Enclave. One America.

BROKEN STEEL USERS LOOK HERE

Edit: I've received several questions about Broken Steel and how True Enclave will handle content from it. I've answered these questions repeatedly, only for each new page to have the same question pop up. Therefore, I'll skip the aggravation of making a new response for each page and give my answer here in the first post.

TRUE ENCLAVE WILL NOT REQUIRE BROKEN STEEL.

But it will have an optional expansion that does.

Allow me to explain: True Enclave, after some early test releases, will make the transition from .esp to .esm for it's final versions. This initial True Enclave.esm will NOT REQUIRE ANY OF THE DLCS, though it will require the Global Travel System which will be fully integrated into True Enclave as you travel America (and the world) spreading the influence and power of the Enclave. As enough of the main mod is completed to turn our attentions to the DLCs, optional .esps depending on True Enclave.esm and one of the DLCs (Operation Anchorage.esm, Broken Steel.esm, etc.) will be released which will add content to True Enclave related to the DLC it depends upon.

For example, True Enclave will add retextured Enclave Combat Armor in use by the weaker (and cheaper) Enclave soldiers and security forces. The Operation Anchorage tie-in will add sleeved and masked versions of this armor, as well as other possible content such as Gauss weaponry and a quest to establish an Enclave base in Anchorage. The Pitt tie-in will add quests relating to bringing Pittsburgh under Enclave control. The Broken Steel tie-in will add Hellfire armor, the new Vertibird interiors, Adams Air Force Base, and the Enclave Mobile Base to existing True Enclave content. Any future post-Broken Steel DLCs will likely have optional tie-ins adding content from them to True Enclave as well.

Now please stop asking this question.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've been following the tutorial on Layouts, don't know how I missed the ones on lighting and cluttering. I'll start reading those soon.

In the meantime, the layouts of two of the three new cells are now complete. All I need to do now is finish the labs and start lighting/cluttering.

Some pictures of the progress so far:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v341/MSUJeremi/Fallout/FortDarius2annotated.png

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v341/MSUJeremi/Fallout/FortDarius3annotated.png

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v341/MSUJeremi/Fallout/FortDarius4annotated.png

Edit: I figured I'd finish the main level with cluttering and lighting before doing the lab layout and started on the other tutorials. I got as far as the Navmesh tutorial before dying a little inside. I think I'll let someone who knows what they're doing handle that part, though I will work on the cluttering a bit.

Fort Darius is about as done as I'm going to be able to make it. I finished the labs and added some beds and tables (as well as making a few changes to the main level, like adding a medical room and a kitchen), anything more advanced is going to require someone who doesn't get cross-eyed on attempting it.

Currently the cells have yet to be linked to each other, or to the exterior worldspace. The latter is a deliberate design on my part, as Fort Darius is intended to be a location outside the Capital Wasteland accessible only by Vertibird (especially as the front entrance is blocked by radiation/collapse), which I'm not sure how to implement. The former is because my mind started to feel a great pain when I tried to read the Finalize and Connect tutorial.

There also needs to be some more cluttering, like adding chairs and more tables to the Chow Hall, adding items to the armories and med bay, various clutter to the labs, etc. and then do the lighting. I'm attaching the .esp as it currently is for whoever wants to finish that stuff, zip it back to me here or via PM if you want. Anyone who wants to use the layout for their own mods can do so, though I'd prefer it if those who want to make use of it help me out a bit as well. In the meantime, I just spent about seven hours on this, so I'm going to go grab something to eat and go to sleep. Have fun.

Edit: Attachment removed

Really, really cool.

Just keep in mind though that the Enclave are rabidly xenophobic about radiation and wastelanders. Moreso than the BOS

They consider wasteland survivors as mere rodents or diseased scum, not to be trusted. Only used now and again as a 'useful idiot', ie. to be taken advantage of when their will sees fit.

I do believe though that there would be a way to get into their inner circles and infiltrate their ranks... but youd have to be pretty damn convincing, and have some kind of backstory that pretty much explains how you are not a radioactive mutant with messed up dna. (they really dont like that)

I guess the enclave could be considered a modern day puritan population. Adhering closely to the belief that the inhabitants of the wasteland are fodder to be cleansed.

(only through the propaganda and faked empathy of their president in those voice-messages broadcasted around the wastes do the show a facade of a caring governmental body.)

sorry, hope that made some sense. Enclave are cool, but eeeeeevil

snip

The idea for the final version of the mod is to have the Enclave split between two factions: the traditional Enclave under President Eden that wants to wipe out everyone exposed to mutation (which of course all of you probably blew up during the main quest, you bloody Humanoid Typhoons of the Wasteland you), and the True Enclave under yourself, Col. Autumn (if you left him alive), and

Frank Horrigan

that... probably wants to do the exact same thing, only without being bossed around by WOPR.

Joining the traditional Enclave, if we decided to code it in, would be simple considering that Eden personally invites you to take Autumn's place provided you put the FEV into the purifier, and besides that almost everyone thinks you were born in Vault 101. For the True Enclave,

I was thinking of having the player join Autumn at the purifier during Take It Back!, with an Enclave scientist in a - HOLY SH- WHY DIDN'T WE THINK OF THAT /sarcasm - radiation suit standing ready to turn the bloody thing on while you kill Lyons and her Pride and blow up/disable Liberty Prime.

Since Autumn says he wants to use the purifier to attract wastelanders to the Enclave's cause (even if they're second-rate personnel/expendable labor/cannon fodder), a supposed Vault Dweller like the player obviously would meet Autumn's standards as well.

In the meantime, now that I've eaten and slept, I'm going to take another crack at that lighting stuff. Off I go.

I'm struggling along with the lighting, and managed to puzzle out how to connect the cells properly. I had to change the layout of the Main Level a bit due to a fog issue - some of the halls were simply so long that the ends faded out of sight. A few strategically placed turns and doors rectified this issue.

Current progress:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v341/MSUJeremi/Fallout/FortDarius5.png

Work on the mod has slowed a bit (though I've finished the lighting for a few more rooms) as I revise my plans to account for the delightful Global Traveling System I recently discovered. I will be releasing two versions of the mod and significantly expanding the base for the GTS-compatible version, including new underground cells and possibly aboveground facilities. The full mod and questline will require GTS, and I'm setting my initial goals as high as possible so that they will still be relatively high when the inevitable cutbacks ensue.

As a result of these changes, I am now looking for worldspace builders skilled at constructing exterior cells, as well as those skilled at working with meshes (including designing new ones) and textures, coders, and the like. Extra quest writers would also be a plus, as my new outline for the mod's main questline has been greatly expanded far beyond my own abilities. All of this, of course, depends on whether or not I can finish this base in a timely manner.

Time to quit muckin' about, then.

The Enclave would not mind you if you were never expose to raditon as most enclave soldiers have been exposed to radition then your were ever close too and also look a frank horrigan hes pretty much a mutant also try the mod below if you want i taste of enclave, BoS,BOS outcasts,The PLA and american soldiers go to Fallout 3 nexcus and serch enclave commander mod

I am aware of the Enclave Commander mod, yes, and I use it at all times. I'd like to later add similar functionality to the full version of True Enclave, but that will come later.

After revising my plans for the full version of True Enclave, I've had to plan extensive changes to Fort Darius, amounting to a total revision of the base's layout and all it's contents. I will be releasing the current (and near complete) Fort Darius as a separate mod shortly, and leaving it primarily undecorated so players can make their own modifications. I'd normally have this completed today or tomorrow, but I managed to get bit by a snake yesterday so I'm running a little slow. Expect it within the week, though.