True Enclave

Gafgar Adolis

Contrary to what I'm sure is popular opinion by now, True Enclave is not dead, though my computer still is. I'm currently trying to save up enough money to buy a new box, but it seems keeping money for more than a few days attracts bills from beyond the ancient past. I actually had a charge come in recently for a hospital visit I had after being bit by a dog seventeen years ago. Geez.

I'm still working on writing quest ideas down, though. Some of what I've got now:

The True Enclave: Storm Raven Rock and put an end to the mad schemes of President Eden and his rogue Enclave faction. (Quest unavailable if the player destroyed Raven Rock in the main quest.)

Flagship Enterprise: Reclaim a US Navy aircraft carrier that survived the War and is now left floating in the Pacific, it's crew transformed into feral Ghouls, and recover the prototype aircraft within.

B.O.M.B.'s Away: Repair the B.O.M.B. stations in orbit to provide ultimate fire support for Enclave forces on the ground in preparation for the attack on the New California Republic.

Better Dead than Red: Stop the Chinese invasion of America in it's tracks.

The Red Star Falls: Storm the Beijing Vault and put an end to the People's Republic of China once and for all.

Hail to the Chief: As the newly elected President of the United States, lead the all-out attack on the Capital Wastelands and finally reclaim Washington D.C. as capital of the United States of America.

Rebuilding a Nation: Fund the rebuilding and restoration efforts of various locations throughout the United States.

One Small Step for Man...: Construct an Enclave moon base and defend it from alien invaders.

...One Giant Leap for Mankind: Assault the alien flagship on the surface of Mars to end the alien threat.

In addition, various sub-quests will be available with a variety of rewards. The most common of these, of course, will be acquired through the Enclave Scientists working at Fort David and other Enclave bases throughout the world. Turning in rare weapons or equipment to these scientists will result in the player receiving special new items to arm themselves or the Enclave forces. Such as:

MIRV Fat Man Personal Mini-Nuke Catapult -> Titan Personal Nuclear Missile Launcher

Prototype Army Medic Power Armor -> Enclave Power Armors upgraded with auto-dispensers

Chinese Stealth Armor -> Advanced Power Armor MkIII upgraded with stealth feature

To name but a few.

Work continues.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The moon quest series sounds ambitious. Looking forward to seeing it in action.

So how far is the mod progressing?

The space quests currently form the endgame of True Enclave, so I've put quite a bit of work into thinking of how to make them feel sufficiently grand.

As for your question: not very far at the moment. As I've mentioned earlier, a virus infected my computer and has been causing all kinds of problems, and I lack the money to fix it. FO3 and the GECK both uninstalled themselves (along with about five other games), and I can't get them to reinstall, so I can't do much work at the moment. I was writing down quest ideas and other information in Wordpad, but then the document got corrupted before I could back it up. At the moment I'm generally just thinking stuff up, writing it down with a pencil somewhere, and waiting for when I can take my PC into the shop to get fixed.

Are you making a mod or a downloadable content. Im starting to question whether or not you work for bethesda, this mod sounds huge.

If I had Bethesda's resources there'd already be an initial release. Unfortunately my resources consist of a five-year old Dell, 56k dialup, and lots of beer.

• 2 weeks later...