True Enclave

Gafgar Adolis

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was indeed planning on including the classic FO2 Advanced Power Armor Mk II, provided I receive permission from the guy who modded it in. I also have plans to explain the differences (visual and otherwise) between the FO2 and the FO3 armors as the two being different versions of the Advanced Power Armor Mk II, the FO3 version sacrificing ability (hell, it's weaker than the T-51b) for cost and ease of manufacture, a necessity after the Enclave's loss of their facilities in California such as Navarro and the Oil Rig. One plan I had for True Enclave was to include a quest where Enclave soldiers can be upgraded to use the APA Mk IIa rather than the weaker APA Mk IIb if the player helps retake the facilities required to produce the costlier and more complicated Mk IIa.

In other news, the GECK managed to corrupt my Fort Darius.esp just as I was adding the finishing touches, so I've had to start over from an earlier version. Thus, I'm having to redo the lighting and cluttering all. Over. Again. VGS.

I've also begun writing up an outline of the quests I intend to eventually add, provided of course I can either learn to code them or find someone who can, and indeed whether they can be pulled off at all! I've already written the first and last quests - the beginning and end of the questline, essentially - and have shared my plans for the opening quest below.

Quest 1: Take it Back?

Having joined the Brotherhood of Steel in their attack on the Jefferson Memorial, the player shortly encounters Colonel Autumn and has a small chat with him. In addition to killing or sparing the Enclave commander, the player now has a third option: join Autumn in activating Project Purity in the name of the Enclave. If the player has the FEV vial, they can further turn it over to Autumn who will have it destroyed later.

Unfortunately, this turn of events causes Sarah Lyons to confront the player. With a Very Hard speech check, Sarah can be convinced to take the Lyon's Pride and flee - otherwise she will attack. If the player has a Mesmetron, they can use it on Sarah at this point, which gives three options - ordering the mesmerized Sarah to withdraw with her Pride, or fitting her with a slave collar and either sending her on her way to Paradise Falls or having her accompany the player as a companion.

If the player has any companions present...

Dogmeat and Clover will continue to follow the player unquestioningly.

Butch and Jericho can be convinced, with a few speech challenges, to also join the Enclave. They will change their current outfits to wear customized versions of the Enclave Combat Armor (example: Butch wears his Tunnel Snakes jacket over the armor) and can later be trained to use Power Armor, increasing it's effectiveness when they wear it. They will otherwise abandon the player.

Sergeant RL-3 can be reprogrammed or hotwired if the player has a high enough science or repair skill. He will otherwise abandon the player.

Star Paladin Cross will act according to how Sarah was dealt with. If Sarah is fought, Cross will join in the fight and must be killed. If Sarah was fitted with a slave collar, Cross will attack in an attempt to remove the collar and must be killed. If Sarah was convinced or ordered to leave, Cross will leave with her, but not before giving the player a few choice words.

Fawkes and Charon, if they are present, will utterly refuse to leave peacefully and must be fought and killed.

Either way, with Sarah gone, an Enclave scientist informs Colonel Autumn that a pressure buildup is threatening to completely destroy the Jefferson Memorial, and that Project Purity must be activated immediately. The player can offer to enter the Purifier and activate it, in which case Autumn will give the player a radiation suit and a special dose of RadX and RadAway to resist the effects of the radiation in the Purifier chamber, or give Autumn the code, in which case Autumn sends the already-equipped scientist to activate Project Purity. Either way, Autumn will afterwards give the player their first objective as part of the Enclave: destroy Liberty Prime.

(IF THE ABOVE PROVES IMPOSSIBLE TO CODE: Colonel Autumn awakens the supposedly dead player after Project Purity has been activated - provided of course the player chose to leave him alive and entered the purifier personally - and offers them a shot of the RadX and RadAway cocktail he himself used to escape the effects of the purifier's radiation earlier on. Sarah Lyons and any companions the player may have had upon entering the purifier have left, though Dogmeat will remain nearby. Autumn informs the player that the Brotherhood remain outside, ready to kill him if he attempts to leave. He offers the player a place in the Enclave provided they can help drive back the Brotherhood, destroy Liberty Prime, and seize Project Purity in the name of the Federal government. The player is obliged to accept, otherwise Autumn refuses to give the player the radiation cure and the player shortly expires.

If Sarah entered the purifier, Autumn approaches the [alive] player and makes his offer, being considerably less haughty with the player not on the verge of death. If the player refuses, Autumn will attempt to leave and likely be vaporized by Liberty Prime. If the player accepts, things continue as normal, and the player's companions react as described above [only Star Paladin Cross now joins Fawkes and Charon in becoming violent and having to be fought and killed].)

Regardless, Quest: Take it Back? ends and Quest: Liberty or Death begins.

The GECK suddenly seems to hate me. It's corrupted two different versions of Fort Darius and one version of True Enclave so far, each when I've tried to save changes made to the esps. I've got backups, fortunately, but I can't make any progress or restore what's been lost until I figure out what's going on.

Don't expect any updates anytime soon.

Uninstalling and reinstalling the GECK seems to have fixed things. Work on True Enclave is continuing and I've been adding some new items to the game for testing (such as the Advanced Power Armor Mk IIa, the Classic APA, which Lexx was quite kind enough to permit me to use). Fort Darius, on the other hand, has fallen well behind schedule and I may just release it as-is - without any lighting or clutter - as a modder's resource. We'll see how things go.

I am, by the way, looking for someone to create some new layouts, clutters and textures for part of Fort David, the revised version of Fort Darius that will be appearing in the main mod. I will say only that these will require a certain Presidential flavor and should be large enough for a certain behemoth-sized member of the Secret Service to move about in.

behemoth-sized member of the Secret Service to move about in.

I'm going to assume you're talking about Frank Horrigan... although that wouldn't make much sense since he was killed in 2242...

behemoth-sized member of the Secret Service to move about in.

I'm going to assume you're talking about Frank Horrigan... although that wouldn't make much sense since he was killed in 2242...

I've said it before, i'll say it again: this game only makes sense if you imagine it occuring at the same time as the original Fallout, or slightly after. I always mentally amend the dates when I play so as not to break my suspension of disbelief. :biggrin: