True Enclave

Gafgar Adolis

My computer seems to have taken a disliking to Bethesda as of late - in addition to my GECK messing up, Oblivion and the Oblivion CS both uninstalled themselves from my computer this morning.

Fortunately, this does not prevent me from drafting up dialogue and quest ideas on paper. Work continues.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well that armor started as me trying to model the original Advanced PA, but since I went a bit overboard with some details etc, I changed my mind about it and I'm now aiming at it being a Advanced PA Mk2. I'll do the original after this once, and this time I'll get it right :P

However, once I release it, people will be free to use it on whatever they want, either I like it or not :P (provided I'm given due credit for my work obviously).

Yes.

I've finished rebalancing the existing Enclave PAs and the Classic APA, though I haven't modified the other power armors and my changes will probably be rendered moot by all of you F.O.O.K users out there anyway.

However, for reference, a list of the power armors that are currently planned for implementation/already ingame:

Advanced Power Armor Mk IIb (Enclave Power Armor): More advanced than the T-45s used by the Brotherhood of Steel, but slightly weaker damage reduction than the Pre-War T-51b to save on production and maintenance costs.

Advanced Power Armor Mk IIbt (Enclave Tesla Power Armor [Prototype]): Equal in damage reduction to the T-51b, with all the bonuses of the APA Mk IIb plus a bonus to Energy Weapons. If I can find out a way to add a reduction to incoming energy weapon damage I'm going to add that too.

Advanced Power Armor Mk IIa (Classic Advanced Power Armor): Twice the bonuses of the Mk IIb and more damage reduction than the T-51b. Very powerful.

Tesla Power Armor Mk I (Enclave Tesla Power Armor [Production]): An upgrade to the APA MkIIbt with significantly more bonuses and damage reduction, approaching APA Mk IIa levels of power. Currently using the vanilla Tesla Power Armor (APA Mk IIbt) appearance as a placeholder. Acquired after the completion of a series of optional sidequests.

Advanced Power Armor Mk III (Near-Gamebreaking Godmode): A pairing and continuation of the technologies and advancements seen in the Advanced Power Armor Mk IIa and the Tesla Power Armor Mk I, this is a walking juggernaut. It significantly increases strength and perception at no cost to agility and offers twice the damage reduction of APA Mk IIa. I'm trying to find a way to add what amounts to as a shield that blocks energy weapons damage, but no dice yet. Currently using the vanilla Enclave Power Armor/APA Mk IIb appearance as a placeholder. Acquired after completion of a lengthy and difficult series of optional sidequests unrelated to the Tesla Power Armor Mk I questline.

Advanced Power Armor Mk IIIC (Gamebreaking Godmode): Upgraded commander's variant of the APA Mk III - acquired after unlocking the standard APA Mk III - which only the player can wear. Increased stats compared to the already ludicrous 'regular' APA Mk III turn the wearer into an invincible bloody nightmare in combat. Only one will be available, but it can be repaired to 100%

by the design & production team.

It sounds reasonable, but I prefer to think that storywise, MkII is the most powerful, but for gameplay purposes, it's not. Judging from some of the dialogue, this seems to be Bethesda's position on it.

I wrote up a large post a few moments ago, but for some odd reason I was logged out of NexusForums while writing it and attempting to post gave me a "You do not have permission to reply to this topic" error, which resulted in the post being lost. Therefore, I'll skip the length and summarize it:

GECK working again.

Getting back to work.

Still need help on exterior worldspace building, quest coding, and new Enclave interiors for the Presidential level.

I require a shrubbery.

That is all.

As for cluttering and lighting.. I would love to do that for you if I had been more active in the G.E.C.K. in the past few months. I haven't modded anything since early February (I can't believe it was that far away already...).

-Sigh- Blame Valve for making Left 4 Dead

Since this mod is going to use GTS, you should add a Vertibird for the player to use as transport when they rise in the ranks of the Enclave.

For seriously, what Enclave officer travels around america in a broken down pre war car?

Just a thought.