WIP - New female body replacer *nudity*

thePhilanthropy

Another suggestion - when you are all done, you may want to consider creating, in addition to the replacement textures, a new race using the textures. This way we can use the body shape without the whole world suddenly looking like an episode of Hannah Montana ;D

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Another suggestion - when you are all done, you may want to consider creating, in addition to the replacement textures, a new race using the textures. This way we can use the body shape without the whole world suddenly looking like an episode of Hannah Montana ;D

Well, that's not hard. It would take approximately 5 minutes. I'll add this as an option.

But I have to admit I don't find your post very amusing. Comparing anything (whatever it is) to Hannah Montana equals an insult. And I recommend using this mod only if you like it (I take from your post that you don't like HM). You're basically making fun of it without really having seen it (screenshots are not very expressive in nature).

Please don't reply to this post. There's no need, because there's nothing left to be said about it and because I don't feel personally insulted (just not in the best mood).

Thanks for the suggestion though, I appreciate it.

Hi there,

Just wanted to say this is looking very nice! I'm starting to prefer it to the other mods out there. Just out of interest, (I hope I haven't missed this in the thread) what program are you using to model and texture the mesh?

Thanks

I made the textures in Paint Shop Pro 9. The software is good and rather cheap, but my skills leave a lot to be desired^^. I convert them to DDS format using "DDS Converter 2".

And I made the model completely in 3d Studio Max 8. I would not really recommend it though. It's a great software, don't get me wrong. But it's far too expensive after all and you need a lifetime to master it (I still consider myself a n00b :biggrin: ). As for applying the textures.... this is in the nif format, so NifSkope is the best choice.

You've done a really good job so far - thanks for the info how you did it! I'm currently doing an animation degree so I'm using maya a lot, i haven't used 3d studio max before. Did you just build the models from scratch then? Or did you import a mesh to work from/with?

Sorry for hijacking the thread lol, I'll keep any more questions to PMs!

Keep up the good work though mate!

@Dr C Strange:

I made everything from scratch (except for the hands. Read the 1st post, please.). The mesh is getting old (almost a year of work on it. I don't have much time on my hands^^), so I can't exactly remember. I think I started with some simple primitives, like cylinders, and formed the basic outline. What followed were countless restarts of the whole project, because of poly-count overkills when mesh-smoothing and bad planning (the body mesh has to fit the head mesh. And since you may not change the skeleton your artistic freedom is rather limited. Stuff like that.) But 80% of the work was weight-painting, UV-mapping and fine tuning. I learned a lot in that time, but I'm glad it's almost over.

Sorry for hijacking the thread lol, I'll keep any more questions to PMs!

that's probably a good idea! :biggrin:

@everyone:

Alright, I tried my luck with the different cup sizes. Believe me, this can take a while. Basically I'm waiting for Luchaire to finish the textures. I will then just release it. Cup sizes will most likely follow later.

That is, unless you guys have more suggestions. I still need a some more name suggestions! :thumbsup:

Well, that's not hard. It would take approximately 5 minutes. I'll add this as an option.

But I have to admit I don't find your post very amusing. Comparing anything (whatever it is) to Hannah Montana equals an insult. And I recommend using this mod only if you like it (I take from your post that you don't like HM). You're basically making fun of it without really having seen it (screenshots are not very expressive in nature).

Please don't reply to this post. There's no need, because there's nothing left to be said about it and because I don't feel personally insulted (just not in the best mood).

Thanks for the suggestion though, I appreciate it.

Lighten up, Brother, it was a joke. :blink:

The point was not to say that it has anything to do with Hannah Montana or to throw a negative light on your excellent work, but that all of the girls/women of Oblivion would all suddenly be transformed into much younger forms.

I think our modding community is a bit oversensitive at times...

Alright, let's see...

I've been getting some feedback regarding the shape in general,... mainly that it looked TOO young; more adolescent than mature, mainly due to the size of the head compared to the body. OK, I understand. I didn't notice at first, but you are right. Judging from the screenshots (in-game it's better, really!) that is true. And because I want to prove I'm not the laziest bum out there, I tried stuff, failed miserably and tried again. And guess what? I failed miserably.... But (!) I took a closer look at the mesh, trying to figure out why that head-body ratio looked worse than it is. For now I stopped at making chest and hips a little broader.

Blah, blah, blah, here's what I tried and I want your opinion, whether it helped or not!

old_01

new_01

old_02

new_02

old_03

new_03

(the best way to examine the screenshots is to open the links in different tabs and then cylce trough them. At least for Firefox users, that is^^)

PS: name suggestions please! If nothing better comes up, I'ma gonna use PPP (Philanthropy's Phine Phemales)^^.

PPS: Tell me if you need better screenshots! (and what what I am doing wrong, if so!)

@Suilebhain: Sorry for having been an ass (correct English?!)! It's just so easy to be one on the internet that you just don't notice at times. I was angry that day because of RL stuff... sorry for having vented my wrath on you. I'll hold back in future!

... mainly that it looked TOO young...

I would like to rebalance a bit the Cosmic Scales: I agree they look young, but not "TOO" (neither "too", actually).

The new shape is fine (even if I prefer the old...), but, please, do not distort your original concept

... mainly that it looked TOO young...

I would like to rebalance a bit the Cosmic Scales: I agree they look young, but not "TOO" (neither "too", actually).

The new shape is fine (even if I prefer the old...), but, please, do not distort your original concept

I never planned to distort the original concept. Other replacers can provide other types of bodies, which is why made this^^. Thanks for the feedback! But I'll wait for more opinions before deciding anything.

(btw, screenshots only tell half the story. Seeing/playing it in-game is vastly different from seeing a few screenies. )

I'm off to sleep now...