OSA, OSex, OStim. Plea to the moderators.

Dracota

This is a Plea to the moderators to clean up the mods on this page. my Intention is not to add to the drama, rather to make this website more friendly to newcomers.... like me.

I started to mod my Skyrim game two days ago and spend well over 30 hours to get things working. mainly cause i needed to figure a lot ( A LOT) of things out and also because for someone new like me this is a real maze of mods to get through to achieve the desired result.

I went through a lot of challenges of which i would wish that there was an easier way but nothing beats the hell I have been through today.

I was trying to install OSA, OSEX and OSTIM. I spend hours reading through the pages and making sure i got all the right dependencies so i could install it all correctly and get it to work.

In the end i did not succeed, witch i am sort of used to already. So step two. FAQ's, troubleshooting and if all fails to Google and Reddit.

and Google is what led me to the OSane drama. after all those hours trying to get things to work I found out that there was some drama between the devs of these mods causing the issues I had.

But hej ! apparently there was a workaround (f*** i hate workarounds). So i dug into it and spend another couple of hours to get things to work .... and yet again .... it didnt. and this was the point where I was like f*** this s***. I am out. I am coming here to relax yet find a larger challenge to get things done then I have at my workspace (trust me that's saying something).

Now i was just about to uninstall all my files and burn my computer. however I dont want to give up cause i know there is so much good stuff on here and fun to be had with this decade old game.

But then the worry started to hit me.

What if I find another MOD with this problem, or I find an awesome mod that has dependencies on the mods i cant get to work.

That is why I would like to ask the Moderators to have a look at these and addons like these and remove them or at least put a warning with them, until the people involved get their s*** sorted.

so that newcomers like me can actually just come here, install a few mods, patron a couple of bugs and play the game.

Edited by Dracota

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/articles/3751

Check this Guide.

I am using OStim and addons alongside Follower and AI mods relationship and interaction mechanics Crafting overhauls Survival and exploration and Combat mechanics to Integrate realistic gameplay rpg elements for an ultimate roleplay - gameplay ''Immersion''

You have to search each mod from the guide well though because its a guide to introduce all Ostim available features. So if you just want it as an extension to your RPG experience you will have to determine what will be usefull and non intrusive. Where interactions could happen and when how much you need, which options or animations you need and so on.

In my opinion OPrivacy will need OAroused and ORomance combo alongside with Nethers Follower Framework or others and SunHelm - Campfire while on a City or College or in the Wild and/ or any Faction/ Quest Overhaul of your choice alongside Crafting Overhauls or Spell Research will bring the best to the table alongside your favourite Individual NPC Overhaul and Mechanics.

If Immersive Gameplay is the goal of course. So it all depends what you're looking for.

If its just looking and feeling feminine and experiment with its features til bored or ''whatever'' like most do and take Screenshots just follow the Guide and you're good.

Edited by Guest