Arms "disappeared" when arming a weapon

voldman99

Skyrim LE.

In 1st person mode when I arm a weapon neither the weapon nor my left or right hands appear.

Also, at the same time, in 3rd person mode the player arms are pointing vertically downwards (by my sides) and the sword is pointing out horizontally in front of me.

I cannot see the sword or my arms if I try to hit something!

ALSO, in 3rd person mode, when I move forward my legs do not move in a walking or running motion and it looks as though I am gliding.

I try to load an old save (or start a whole new run) but these problems still occur.

LOOT is included in Vortex, it's how Vortex handles its initial load order settings. You can change things by setting 'overrides' in the dependencies column, or when a conflict has to be resolved during program installation (the red/green lightning bolts).

Check your mods for requirements, one of which is sure to be some kind of skeleton or animation...

You can see LOOT warnings/messages on the Plugins page in Vortex. Once you are at the page, look at the column headed 'Flags'. There is a dropdown menu that will allow you to see LOOT messages, among many other things. Just double-click on the 'balloon' on any mod entry, and a sidebar will open showing you the messages/warnings.

Mod List: (including which version loaded, either Skyrim or Skyrim SE)

A Matter of Time - A HUD clock widget - Skyrim SE

A pair of cute followers and rich vendors Underworld inspired - Skyrim A Quality World Map 8.4 - Classic (Installer) - Skyrim

Achieve That! - Skyrim

Apocalypse-MoreApocalypse-OrdinatorPatch MERGED - Apocalypse-Ultimate v9.43 - Skyrim

BarenziahQuestMarkers_v1-3 - Skyrim

Breezehome Fully Upgradeable Dawngarde and Hearthfires v1_7_6 - Skyrim

Caliente's Beautiful Bodies Edition v3.4f - Unknown

Diverse Dragons Collection 3 - Skyrim

Extensible Follower Framework v4-0-2 - Skyrim

Fores New Idles in Skyrim SE - FNIS SE - FNIS Behavior SE 7_6 - Skyrim SE

Loading Screens with Extra Sarcasm - Skyrim

Main Menu wallpaper replacer HD 1080p now with randomizer - main menu single versions 3dot32 - Skyrim

Ordinator 9.30.0 - Skyrim

OSA - Skyrim Ascendancy Engine - OSA by Ceo - CEO

OSexVanilla AE 0001.zip - CEO

Project P.E.W. version 2 - Skyrim SE

Quick Loot - Skyrim

Quick Loot - Quick Loot dialogue style interface by Hackfield - Skyrim

Rally's Solstheim AIO - Skyrim

Scoped Bows 4.0 Final Edition - Skyrim

Skyrim Unbound Reborn - Skyrim SE

Temptress Complete v1_3 - Skyrim

This is Sparta v2 - Skyrim

Unique Uniques - Skyrim

Unread Books Glow - Skyrim

Winterberry Chateau - Skyrim

Edited by voldman99

LOOT is included in Vortex, it's how Vortex handles its initial load order settings. You can change things by setting 'overrides' in the dependencies column, or when a conflict has to be resolved during program installation (the red/green lightning bolts).

Check your mods for requirements, one of which is sure to be some kind of skeleton or animation...

You can see LOOT warnings/messages on the Plugins page in Vortex. Once you are at the page, look at the column headed 'Flags'. There is a dropdown menu that will allow you to see LOOT messages, among many other things. Just double-click on the 'balloon' on any mod entry, and a sidebar will open showing you the messages/warnings.

Thank you.

I used the messages to update the "Unofficial Skyrim Legendary Edition Patch" which added the message "Delete. Already included or otherwise fixed" for the "Unofficial Skyrim/Dragonborn/Dawnguard/Hearthfire Patch" plugins. Can I just disable these or should I "Ghost" them?

FYI. I still have the arm/movement problems after Disabling these plugins.

Since you use Vortex, you can uninstall the obsolete patches without removing them from your downloads folder, just make sure you pay attention to the checkbox in the dialog that says remove archive, and don't check it unless you want to remove the original download as well. I think that 'disable' will be sufficient to check function in your game, but I would start a new game, just to be sure. Name your character 'testasaurus', or 'testacles', or something silly, so you can easily delete it later.

I am very leery of the new AE versions, and the many updates to come, as they could break other mods and patches, forcing changes in the LO generated by Vortex. Be advised, LO changes can/will break saves, sometimes not right away.

Did Vortex/FNIS do its thing? FNIS is not the same file for Skyrim and Skyrim SE. That could be part, or all, of your problem. Actually, I would not use SE mods on LE at all, UNLESS specifically stated in the mod description, or you have found a good way to 'back port' the mod to LE. In particular, check your OSEX, as it has a Skyrim LE version 0002, AND Skyrim Unbound - the LE and SE versions do not have the same files. BTW - there is an 'Incompatible' flag on the Vortex Plugins page, you can check this for LE/SE incompatibilities for mods and patches.

Since you use Vortex, you can uninstall the obsolete patches without removing them from your downloads folder, just make sure you pay attention to the checkbox in the dialog that says remove archive, and don't check it unless you want to remove the original download as well. I think that 'disable' will be sufficient to check function in your game, but I would start a new game, just to be sure. Name your character 'testasaurus', or 'testacles', or something silly, so you can easily delete it later.

I am very leery of the new AE versions, and the many updates to come, as they could break other mods and patches, forcing changes in the LO generated by Vortex. Be advised, LO changes can/will break saves, sometimes not right away.

Did Vortex/FNIS do its thing? FNIS is not the same file for Skyrim and Skyrim SE. That could be part, or all, of your problem. Actually, I would not use SE mods on LE at all, UNLESS specifically stated in the mod description, or you have found a good way to 'back port' the mod to LE. In particular, check your OSEX, as it has a Skyrim LE version 0002, AND Skyrim Unbound - the LE and SE versions do not have the same files. BTW - there is an 'Incompatible' flag on the Vortex Plugins page, you can check this for LE/SE incompatibilities for mods and patches.

Your instructions for Vortex and TES5Edit were very helpful. Vortex does not/cannot run FNIS and I have disabled all the Skyrim SE mods and OSex but the problems still happen.

Edited by voldman99

Vortex does run FNIS, I have it set up on my installation. There are instructional videos on using FNIS with Vortex.

DuckDuckGo (DDG) search for Fore's New Idles FNIS Vortex:

https://wiki.nexusmods.com/index.php/Tool_Setup:_FNIS

https://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/topic/7870568-vortex-and-fnis/

Basically, you install FNIS, use the dashboard of Vortex to 'add tool', and point Vortex to the install location of FNIS. Then you tell Vortex how you want it run.

Did you start a new game once you completed disabling your mods? Did you check the Nexus Skyrim site (Not Skyrim Special Edition) for your mods? Skyrim Nexus is where I looked for the information to compare your SE mods with the LE (original Skyrim). If any of your mods depend on a disabled mod, your problems could persist, especially with a game saved in progress.