How to create a 1st person model object?

dbmacy01

Is there anyone who can help me quick with how to create a 1st person model object? Apparently its still the one thing I am missing from my mods. Also I want to ask why this model/ID does not show up in any of the mod folders because I have been trying to figure out to replicate it.

Edited by dbmacy01

It's been a while since I really created things from scratch... What kind of object are doing?

If I remember right, for weapons, you setup the first person model in the CK, using the base nif you created. You don't have to make a different .nif or something. I'd assume it's basically the same e.g. for armor. BTW, this would also explain why there is no dedicated 1st person nif in the mod's folders.

Usually it helps to look at a similar, already released mod in the CK and see, how it was done there.

Going off what you said, I started poking around in the base game files, and I found 1st person nif versions of their weapons with their own 1stperson flags. If I plugged my nifs into those and deleted the excess, like Ive been doing for the modded weapons, would that solve the inventory preview issue without affecting scaling or anything like that in gameplay?

Edited by dbmacy01