Yet another Dean Domino bug.

xtoturnwithinx

So, I'm doing "Strike Up the Band". I had Dean wait at his location so I could turn on the holograms. I go back and I cannot tell him the holograms are on and he's safe. He just keeps griping about being second fiddle for being asked to hold the wires. I would very much like to complete the quest, but I can't because Captain Burnward is just standing around like a fencepost. Is there a workaround? The console commands don't seem to work correctly, so I can't just set the quest to complete. Thanks.

You activated both holograms, what have you tried doing to fix the problem, did you save, quit, and then reload, did you search for a fix on the nexus, and lastly talk to him and really look at his dialogue options and try to figure out if you can convince him to stay. Or you could use console commands to set his quest stage (ID of it is xx013a40)to 40, and that should finish the quest. Look up the proper way to set a quest stage with console commands for more help.

Edited by spartenkiller897

• I did literally ALL of those things. When I try to talk to him, there are no dialogue options. he just says "Hold the wires!? Talk about second fiddle!" as if I was talking to a random NPC (no zoom-in). When I try to do the console command, I get the "invalid console command" error. How am I supposed to enter it? I know the ID is 0413a40, but am I just entering the command incorrectly?

The exact syntax should be (Don't include the quotes:) "setstage xx013a40 100" where xx is the load order number for Dead Money. (Which was 04 in your last post, and should still be unless you've changed your load order.)

Edited by Aonghus

If you're looking at your mods in FOMM, the Mod Index column contains your load order number. In NVEdit, it's the two numbers in brackets in the FormID column. I'm sure the NMM and Bash programs have similar information, but as I don't use either of those programs, I can't tell you exactly where to look.

Just one final thought, make sure there is one, and only one, space between each of the three elements of the command. If I were to use the same command in my game (Where Dead Money is the Second file to load, giving it a load order number of "02") I would type, "setstage[space]02013a40[space]100"