Greatest game series of the decade?

Zaldir

• Replies 240
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In response to post #9140934.

Oh man, Morrowind is amazing, it's what got me into the whole Elder Scrolls Series. Even after Oblivion, and Skyrim I still like to go back to Morrowind.. Up until I got this new laptop, and now Morrowind won't run on it. :-( Oh well. So yeah, I highly recommend that you check out Morrowind.

In response to post #9232076. #9232446, #9232893, #9238801 are all replies on the same post.

Well, i've only played GTa IV and V, and GTA IV sucked (GTA V is pretty cool though :) )
the elderscrolls series was one of the best gamer series ever, making some of the best games in history. sure GTA V as good, but it's about the series, and when you make one game thats a flop in a series, people will judge that series to that game most likely.
Edited by StereotypicalBrit

In response to post #9210059. #9232898, #9233462, #9236776 are all replies on the same post.

@Zaldiir,

I hope you're not refering to GTA 5 for example, in few days they profited more than Skyrim ever did selling millions of copies and gaining billions of money, you can't say GTA 5 is less appreciated than Skyrim, do the math, but I agree with you that GTA had several problems and I agree in terms of series, lore, tradition, TES is far superior than GTA in tradition, because GTA events doesn't make sense at all sometimes, and is more about stories than "History", but TES is not more appreciated than GTA, in terms of what do, sure Skyrim had radiant quests, but compared with GTA? GTA is way more fun in stupidy and uncontrolled violence with a wide range of things to do that end up violently and murderous. But then again, this kind of poll is futile, GTA and TES are very distinctive game series no way to be compared because opinions might vary way too much, made from very diferent gaming companies too, Rockstar has more prestige than Bethesda, and support their communities of gamers. Bethesda.. well.. Bethesda is Bethesda.

-DG

In response to post #9210059. #9232898, #9233462, #9236776, #9252777 are all replies on the same post.

@DarkGenius more sales=/= more appreciated. I buy more Lays potato chips than I buy steak. I do not appreciate Lays potato chips more than steak. GTA is a game that's fun and all, but it's like fast food honestly. It's built mostly on ridiculous thrills, absurd and nonsensical violence, and similar craziness. That's just the way that series is. And that will sell you a lot of games. But then again, pointless fun is also the driving force behind Angry Birds; surely you don't think Angry Birds is superior to TES and GTA? Not saying that one is objectively superior between these two, but TES is going to have a slight edge in that it's focus is more..."refined" for lack of a better word. Yes, you can have your absurd GTA-esque fun running around and killing almost everyone. But there are stories and lore everywhere in TES, much more substance to it. And every TES game has always pushed to enhance the illusion of the world being alive; anyone who looks back over the series can see that. TES is more "memorable" in the meaningful sense because of it, I would say. GTA is memorable more or less as "that crazy game where I could run over dozens of civilians after stealing a police car from the local precinct."

In response to post #9210059. #9232898, #9233462, #9236776, #9252777, #9255944, #9256370 are all replies on the same post.

@Nuvendile,

Yes, Indeed.
I think about the same thing, TES is way more meaningful, you sense like you're part of the world, I loved Morrowind, but If I had to choose a game in Bethesda stocks, I'd go with Oblivion, Morrowind and Fallout.
Skyrim is just too much "defined" in terms of gameplay, set as a warrior. Hope they don't do similar stuff to Fallout 4, assuming there be a Fallout 4.
There are so many good game series out there. These kind of polls are a little pointless, but who's me to say.

I just say that GTA and TES are very different games, and leave it to that, it's hard to choose, I kinda heart both games.

In response to post #9210059. #9232898, #9233462, #9236776, #9252777, #9255944, #9256370, #9259420 are all replies on the same post.

i am playing GTA V on ps3...
its a awsome game. Infact i bought a Ps3 just for GTA V.

but even now when i am enjoying it alot.. i know ill be bored by 2 weeks.

Elder scrolls are RPGs so they have tons of choices and + the added fantasy makes u feel like part of a different world.

GTA has been and always will be a fun crime thriller... GTA V is by far the best game in the series imo infact i cant belive that 7 year old consoles are able to run it..