Body mod install guide.

Revonlieke

If someone would be amazing enough to make a mod-page on how to install bodymods for CP77 that would be awesome!

As it stands every body mod, be it texture, overlay, high-poly or whatever is extremely difficult to follow.

Many of them having weird soft-requirements and others having requirements that are not requirements at all
and then there's different versions of body mods that do the same thing differently and are not compatible with other mods.

It's just extremely difficult and I've done plenty of bodymodding in Skyrim and that atleast was somewhat simple to understand that CBBE and UPN bodies where not compatible and you just followed a route that way in terms of textures.

With CP77 you don't know if you need Unique Rig for V to work with -KS- Unique V (UV) Texture Framwork or is it only required once you start installing highpolymods (most likely) like Spawn0 High Poly Mod.

On top of all of this, many of the mod pages are just filled with irrelevant info, colored with all the colors in the ranbow, have advertisements and by the time you get to the installation requirements you give up.
Then mod authors complain why users wont read simple instructions.

Most likely cause the instructions suck!

Either way would be extremely helpful if someone just laid it out there with as simple as possible installation guide on what to install first, second and last and figure out which ones are OPTIONAL and which ones still require to be updated to 1.5.

Edited by SebastianJSL

I agree with you 100%.

There have been a couple of times where I spent well over an hour trying to get a body mod to work and I blamed myself for not following the directions more carefully, but the reallity is that the directions were unorganized and vague. Just formatting what to do as Step 1, Step 2, and so on and clearly listing what other mods are actually required would be a HUGE help.

I understand that people create mods because they enjoy doing it and they offer up their work for free, but they need to at least try to be explicit about how to make the things work if they want other players to use them.

I agree with you 100%.

There have been a couple of times where I spent well over an hour trying to get a body mod to work and I blamed myself for not following the directions more carefully, but the reallity is that the directions were unorganized and vague. Just formatting what to do as Step 1, Step 2, and so on and clearly listing what other mods are actually required would be a HUGE help.

I understand that people create mods because they enjoy doing it and they offer up their work for free, but they need to at least try to be explicit about how to make the things work if they want other players to use them.

I also understand that sometimes tech people can't explain things very well... BUT

IF this modding community has a chance to make Cyberpunk a game like Fallout 4, then they need to be more supportive to the users like us. I also will say CDPR haven't given much to work with either. but like, why does everything always have to so guarded and "exclusionary.. Rant complete.

The issue is a very cumulative one. When a mod author posts a high poly bodymod that has like 8 different types that you have to choose from, then comes a texture worker and needs to add textures for all those 8 variations and then comes a 3rd mod author that has their vision of how the feet hsould look like.

All of a sudden you have a mixture of mods that you don't know WHAT to do with or what order to install cause you weren't there day1. You might not understand that some highpoly bodymod might override your 4K texturemod etc.

FOMOD installers have been a great solution, but obviously the downside is that you need to use a modmanager for those.
But personally I would use Vortex on aesthetic stuff.

But before that it would be great to have a mod-page that figures all of it out for Cyberpunk 2077 and makes it comprehensible.