Unresolved Conflicts bug (1.5.4)

objir
Go to solution Solved by Pickysaurus,

After updating to 1.5.4, some conflicts relsolved by the previous version are reverted to unresolved state (mainly the conflicts from files that were not downloaded from the nexus website). And they still stuck at the unresolved state even after applying the loading rules again.

A few minutes ago I updated my Vortex to the new version and it started giving me an "unresolved file conflicts" notification even though all file conflicts have been resolved. If anyone knows how to fix it please help me cause I can't start the game until the issue has been fixed...

(had to crop the images so I can upload the here...)

Please send in a report using the in-app feedback system including your log file after trying to resolve the conflicts.

Does re-installing the mod and then re-applying the rules help?

I have made a GitHub issue regarding this. Please submit your logs so we can work out what is going wrong.

https://github.com/Nexus-Mods/Vortex/issues/11165

Edited by Pickysaurus

I have the same problem. There are supposedly mod conflicts (vortex isn't able to handle that a mod has a patch and that the patch should be loaded last) and even after save the rules multiple times vortex refuses to aknowledge them and claims an unresolved file conflict, preventing me from starting fallout 4

Well not as bad as my situation.

I installed 1.5.4 and got the unresolvable file conflict.

So I rolled back to 0.13.1.

Vortex set me up with all new Download and Mod staging folders for Skyrim SE. New paths.

When I try to tell Vortex where those actually are, Vortex will not let me. "Directory must be empty".

Until I figure out how to resolve this - without damaging my hard links - all my mods are gone.

OK - I reinstalled 1.5.4.

Now Vortex detects that all my game directory hard links don't match my staging directory.

Rather than let me change settings, it gives my two choices: Apply Changes or Quit Vortex.

Since Vortex won't help - what file do I have to manually edit to set my mod staging directory and download directory correctly, back to what they were?