Cannot Absorb Dragon Souls! Please help!

tsarchon

• 3 months later...

Using the SetStage command still doesn't solve the problem. I can't absorb ANY dragon souls. This is a serious problem, and I KNOW it's not mod related, because it didn't come up until I installed Dragonborn DLC. There has got to be some kind of fix for this, because to many people (who are not expert computer programmers) are having this same problem.

• 3 months later...

same issue I THINK. i started the dragonborn xpack questline and after I kill the serpentine dragon meraak(however you spell the dead but not dead dragonborn's name) doesn't come and obsorb the soul. so it could be the dragon soul problem you're having or if killing this dragon starts a quest (since its on the map and the main bad guy comes into it it might i thought) it could be a quest bug either way wtf bethesda.

• 2 months later...

Hi, I have recently bought Dragonborn DLC and having the same issue. Worst part is I assumed dragon souls not being absorbed was part of the DLC....as it only happened once I got to Solstheim. So I played throught the whole DLC and now im on the final battle with Miraak and when he is hurt and calls down the dragons to heal, dragons just die and no one absorbs the soul.

Has anyone found a fix to trigger dragon soul absorb? I would really hate to end the final boss fight with console commands.

EDIT:

I managed to fix the issue. It seems even though I had the altest Unofficial Dragonborn patch, my Unofficial Skyrim Patch and Unofficial Dawnguard Patch were old versions.

I disabled all Unofficial Patches in Nexus Mod Manager and deleted the content and restarted NMM.

Then I downloaded the all the latest Unofficial Patches with NMM and installed them in the correct order. (skyrim patch, dawnguard patch, dragonborn patch)

Then I used LOOT to sort the load order.

Edited by BabaDread