Trying to find a mod that seems to have disappeared

RevanCathal

There was a mod I downloaded within the last couple of months that not only appears to have disappeared from Nexus, but no longer shows in my previously downloaded section. The function of the mod was to speed up the script reading to the point where it doesn't take nearly as long for mods to initially load for a new game and shows a length of script longer than just 4. It also gave, in a FOMOD format, the option to choose where on the screen the scripting would scroll down, the rate it would scroll at and I believe an option that allowed you to define to the capability of your CPU (AVX capable or not). Any help would be greatly appreciated.

A name would help greatly.

Unfortunately I can't remember the name, otherwise I already would have directly searched for it. Hence only having the description of the mod.

Check the downloads folder/location for your mod manager. The download might still be there.

Apparently it's not there, which is bizarre since even older deleted mods still appear in that section.

• 2 weeks later...

I have had some mods that totally disappeared without explanation. The names are irrelevant. I have tracked a couple of mods I had for a while that suddenly disappeared to find that one of them was deleted by the author in the English version only. The German, Russian, Polish, Portuguese, and Asian languages were still there and appeared to be supported. Only English went missing, without any information I might add. I have a half a dozen mods that have stopped working or disappeared altogether in the last couple of months.

A search of the Nexus reveals nothing. I go to my download history and find the mod: it just says DELETED. Well, I know "I" didn't do it! I would like some answers also. :confused:

Edited by varkonasnorse

I have had some mods that totally disappeared without explanation. The names are irrelevant. I have tracked a couple of mods I had for a while that suddenly disappeared to find that one of them was deleted by the author in the English version only. The German, Russian, Polish, Portuguese, and Asian languages were still there and appeared to be supported. Only English went missing, without any information I might add. I have a half a dozen mods that have stopped working or disappeared altogether in the last couple of months.

A search of the Nexus reveals nothing. I go to my download history and find the mod: it just says DELETED. Well, I know "I" didn't do it! I would like some answers also. :confused:

I think that when in your "downloaded mods" view at Nexus, "Deleted" means the mod was removed from the Nexus mod inventory, afaik, usually by request of the author (or some predetermined agreement upon the author's departure from Nexus, or whatever). Sometimes these deleted mods can be found at other mod repositories and found by performing a widenet search on the mod name. Sometimes they just seem to be gone everywhere. I use a cherry blossom re-texture for the rift (works well with my ""The ice age is quickly receding" Skyrim play mode with Springtime for Skyrim, a grass mod, some undergrowth mods, etc) that seems to be gone from the net. it was pulled from Nexus ~2 years ago. I also have a "Quick Spotlight" mod that has been gone just about as long...and what's more, only has an MCM on one of three play vectors...