level 20 max mod

stalkersoldier

I noticed that with the 100 max level mod, that when you reach 21+ your karma "name" reverts back to level one vault standings. I was hoping for a mod that can let you reach 21, but when you do, you get scripted back down to 20 so you can still have the really cool karma "names". I know it's a simple script but for some reason it doesn't work the way i tried it.

this is what i had

If player.GetLevel >20

Setlevel==20

endif

end

you would think it would work but it says missing integer line 6, which is the Setlevel line.

SetLevel requires an integer parameter, so that it knows what it should set the level to. Unless it is called in a script that is attached to an actor, it must also use explicit reference syntax, meaning that you have to specify which reference it should be called on.

SetLevel doesn't have a return value, so you can't use it in an expression - the "==" logical operator requires two valid expressions in order for them to be equatable.

You'll want to change that line to this:

player.SetLevel 20

I recommend that you have a look at some of the basic scripting tutorials for Oblivion if you plan on scripting for Fallout 3. Although some functions are different, all the syntax is the same, and (no offence intended) it doesn't look like you're very familiar with this scripting language.

P.S. When you post scripts, you should use "code" tags (or "codebox" tags for longer scripts), and indent them properly so that they are easy to read. If you don't know how to properly indent your scripts, here is a page that can do it for you - Script Indenter

Cipscis

I did do some simple scripting for Oblivion but that was when it first came out and i haven't done much since. I guess i got rusty. But i see what you mean about reference syntax. It completely slipped my mind. Thanks for the help.

And for the script indenter, i just completely forgot it existed. i used on one of the oblivion fourms.

Archived