Occasional extreme darkness

YinYanFan01

I seem to have an occasional problem when night scenes are too dark to see anything and even early morning scenes where the sun is rising. The screen is colourless, a deep blue obscuring visibility almost completely. It doesn't happen all the time, just randomly. All lights and beacons are blue and shed virtually no light whatsoever. In a normal dark night scene, if characters stand under a light, they are illuminated and show their colour but that doesn't happen with this problem, they just become a slightly lighter shade of deep blue. Sometimes a reload of a save game will sort it out but not always. The most recent example was after sleeping at the Bannered Mare Inn at Whiterun and I exited about 07.15 game time when the sun was well up but it was all dark and blue. A reload didn't fix it. I slept for an extra 2 hours and then it was normal. I have all autosaves disabled as I found they were causing constant CTD, so I know it isn't an autosave problem. I have about 100 mods loaded but nothing new recently and the problem seems to be a fairly recent one. I am not particularly computer savvy but manage to get by with the aid of forums and Mr. Google. If anyone can shed light on the problem...literally, then I would be eternally grateful.

Thanks for the reply. If it's a mod problem, then I don't understand why. I am not using any unusual or obscure mods, mainly very popular. There must be others with similar mod combinations, although I know, not exactly the same ones, but no-one else seems to have this problem. If it's a security programme issue, then I don't know how to resolve it. Anyway, I will monitor the logs to see if an error comes up next time it happens. Thanks once again.