Robot Dogmeat

Relativelybest

I like the part where he steps on a mine and has to be repaired with cybernetics. Maybe a quest to find the Commonwealth, and get some of their tech since they have the ability to make androids, you could either do a few android rounding up jobs, or just take the tech from them, then you'd have to go to Pinkerton and have him help you in re-constructing Dogmeat's body, replacing the damaged parts with metal, and have wires running into his organs.

When he stepped on the mine, his lower jaw, the right (or left) side of his face, and the eye on which ever side, 3 legs, and most of his torso were damaged beyond normal organic repair. And since you didn't want to lose such a loyal companion, you decided to take him to Pinkerton so he could be kept alive until you got back with the parts needed to fix him up, all Darth Vader-ish.

• 3 weeks later...

i know there isn't, i just wish there was... i'm not a dog person myself so would be nice to see some other wildlife (whether mutated or not) in a fallout game... just an idea really. personally i'd prefer a big cat like a jaguar or panther following me around but i know it's not essentially possible.

to be honest it'd be nice if Beth had scripted dogmeat's ai slightly better so he didn't run into every trap, mine and frag grenade going. oh well, enough ranting.. a robot version would be grand enough for my tastes :-)

• 4 weeks later...

Archived