Script mod for slaves

AxlDave

Ever notice how Temple of the Union is described as a beacon of hope for all slaves? Ever notice how slaves often refer to it, saying they're going to go to TotU or have a map to get there? Ever notice how none of them actually turn up?

I am requesting that someone fix this so that any freed slave, but particularly the named ones at Paradise Falls, actually follow through and turn up wherever TotU currently is and then joins the faction and any scripted or sandbox behaviour. If enough of these freed slaves end up at the Lincoln Memorial, extra bedding could be activated in the memorial. Perhaps some of these slaves could even offer medical, repair or trader services. But the important thing is that they turn up at all.

If it is not possible or practical to add a bunch of scripts to these already existing characters, could a workaround be that when the original character disappears from the game, an exact clone is created but with new TotU scripts? If neither of these is possible at all, is there any other way to achieve this?

All sorts of kudos and what-have-you is in it for anyone who can make this happen.

Requires no scripting, but a hell of a lot of time since you have to find all the Slaves and make them Ai, not to mention that most are going to Totu to stay for a few nights then leave off to some other place. because TOTU is a rest stop for slaves. But I suppose I can try, But that will be way in the future (I have some mods Im working on at the moment) No scripting needed, just conditions and AI packs.

Can they all be found in the GECK under NPC? Do they all have "slave" somewhere in the Ref?

If either answer is yes, I can go through and change them all to AI - so long as you explain how and why - then send that esp to you for further work. In fact, any simple yet time-consuming work I can probably do, it's the complex stuff that requires knowledge, experience, and intricate testing that I cannot seem to do without breaking something.

Let me know if and how I can help.

--EDIT--

not to mention that most are going to Totu to stay for a few nights then leave off to some other place. because TOTU is a rest stop for slaves.

As I understand it, that is how TotU functions when you first meet them. They are too under-funded to provide any real support for slaves, and so have to send them on their way in a few days. The idea behind Hannibal's plan, however, is to form a more permanent base so that escaped slaves can make a home and fight back. Or at least stop running. That's how I remember it anyway, could be wrong.

Edited by AxlDave

I don't know myself, but you probably have to attach some kind of condition to the item. In the GECK, In Megaton, the sign "Moriarty's Saloon" has the word "Gob's" painted over it, which only happens if Moriarty is dead. Investigating that might offer some solutions...