Spore Galactic Adventures

Biblost

http://spore.wikia.com/wiki/Spore_Galactic_Adventures

Spore was one of the few games that I enjoyed very much but for a very short time. It's a fun game, but it's always the same.

Now I'm wondering if Spore Galactic Adventures is the improvement we have been waiting for, or just another pathetic attempt of Maxis to make a decent game.

Your opinion would be appriciated. :smile:

Big waste of money.

Instead of making an expansion which improves upon, and helps fill out the space stage, it just adds some mini-games to make space even more hectic, cluttered, and to once and for all remove any entertainment that exploration might bring. Within a month I estimate that 7 out of every 8 "missions" released are either broken, too simple to provide any entertainment, or are just the same "kill 50 epics" kinda things, most of them probably featuring the other crappy creations that person has made so that people are forced to see it (also forces you to buy C&C to use their missions).

There are certainly better things to be spending $60 on, and quite a few of them might entertain you more than a week. Come back to this in another 5-6 months, when some patches have been released, and when you have more than enough player feedback to work from. Not only will the price probably be lower, but it'll be easier to sort through hype vs. quality.

I always enjoyed creating missions with, for example, Age of Empires II. That was kinda like modding the game, you could create everything. You could create a forest that would burn if come across it, or an ambush of raiders.

I really hope this would really allow us to 'create gameplay', like the people at Maxis say. I don't care if it's a little harder to make, it has to be complicated and advanced. So yes, I'm just going to wait untill some of my friends buy it and get tired of it :).

I won't even bother. They just showed me that they don't really care about what the customers want by releasing the spore version of the Sims 2 stuff packs when they released Creepy and Cute. Instead of trying to add some things to make the game more enjoyable, they rushed and gave us a crappy expansion that only gave us the ability to create more creatures to bore ourselves with.

I always enjoyed creating missions with, for example, Age of Empires II. That was kinda like modding the game, you could create everything. You could create a forest that would burn if come across it, or an ambush of raiders.

I really hope this would really allow us to 'create gameplay', like the people at Maxis say. I don't care if it's a little harder to make, it has to be complicated and advanced. So yes, I'm just going to wait untill some of my friends buy it and get tired of it :).

The problem is that their definition of "create gameplay" really just boils down to adding some spore themed mini-games. It doesn't do a thing for any of the stages which are seriously lacking, and likely only makes space even more annoying depending on if disaster timers are suspended while in a mission or not. In space, you're still your empire's sole means of trade, defense, diplomacy, and errand boy. Just now you have something else which only you can do.

It's not maxis btw, it's EA. Maxis did quallity work, EA just buys, bastardizes, promotes, lies, distributes, and otherwise ruins said work.

It's not maxis btw, it's EA. Maxis did quallity work, EA just buys, bastardizes, promotes, lies, distributes, and otherwise ruins said work.

I've seen lots of very good games of EA. I thought it was just Maxis, because they did the same for The Sims and The Sims 2: purposingly leaving some content out of the original game, so they can add it in an expansion pack.

Archived