Error: Failed to Initialize Renderer

HaseoSkeith1701

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

Hey so if people are still trying to figure this out i had a rather easy fix (i'm an idiot for not figuring this out sooner) just launch the game then go into options then resolution and for some reason

mine was in letterbox mode. Just change it to to full and BOOM works fine now hope this helps!

I had this problem, and also had this same duh moment. Options>Resolution>Change letterbox to 1920/1080. works like a charm

• 2 months later...

I have tried every fix in this thread and nothing has worked... I only have a few mods and they were working fine, then randomly this message keeps popping up, i have updated my drivers, unticked read-only on the ini's, directx is fully up to date i have restarted my computer multiple times deleted and remade the ini's, nvidia graphics card is up to date, I have tried everything... please help :sad: :sad:

• 8 months later...

if you have done all of this and its still not working, check your skyrim folder in steam if it has d3d11.dll if not go to C:\Windows\System32 and search for dxgi.dll copy that paste it on your desktop then rename it to d3d11.dll then move that to the skyrim folder in steam. this worked for me and if this still doesn't work then i don't know what to say... i've tried everything except this.