Playidle Dogmeat

helengaius

No idea if there is a list somewhere, but you can check Dogmeat's idles in the Creation Kit. When you load Fallout4.esm in CK, go to Gameplay->Animations. For Behavior Graph find and choose Actors\Dogmeat\Behaviors\DogmeatDefault.hkx. Expand the list, select an action and expand it as well and see what's the idle's name. For example for the ActionIdlePlayful, the idle is DogmeatIdlePlayful. Open the console, select Dogmeat and type playidle DogmeatIdlePlayful. There are two more Behavior Graphs, so there are a lot of idles, but I don't know if all of them work with the playidle command.

No idea if there is a list somewhere, but you can check Dogmeat's idles in the Creation Kit. When you load Fallout4.esm in CK, go to Gameplay->Animations. For Behavior Graph find and choose Actors\Dogmeat\Behaviors\DogmeatDefault.hkx. Expand the list, select an action and expand it as well and see what's the idle's name. For example for the ActionIdlePlayful, the idle is DogmeatIdlePlayful. Open the console, select Dogmeat and type playidle DogmeatIdlePlayful. There are two more Behavior Graphs, so there are a lot of idles, but I don't know if all of them work with the playidle command.

I'll try to look that, thanks a lot - I'm new to PC, so I don't really know how I'll find it, but I'm here to learn lol

it's strange that no one thought about a "pose mod" for animal, maybe because it would only be useful in screens :mellow:

Another way could be with FO4Edit. Things look different there, I mean the idles are not sorted under a Behavior Graph. You can load Fallout4.esm, go to and expand the Idle Animation category, sort all forms by EditorID and then scroll down to find the ones starting with Dogmeat. From there it's again a matter of taking a note of the idles and testing which work with playidle command.

Another way could be with FO4Edit. Things look different there, I mean the idles are not sorted under a Behavior Graph. You can load Fallout4.esm, go to and expand the Idle Animation category, sort all forms by EditorID and then scroll down to find the ones starting with Dogmeat. From there it's again a matter of taking a note of the idles and testing which work with playidle command.

oki, I'll try this too, I didn't touched FO4Edit for now, I'll search on it !

thanks again !!