Help With GECK

DrPepper715

Hello,

I'm still working on my U.S. Army in Fallout: New Vegas and I'm going through and making some finishing touches, (making sure everything works right) it all seems fine but I still need to finish a few things with dialogue and other misc. things.

The first thing I want to do is have some way of making some things initiate when you complete the quest (or any quest) after you kill Benny (such as Vulpes Inculta approaching you when you exit the Tops).

I want this to happen in dialogue. ex; After I kill benny a dialogue option won't appear until the "Ring-a-Ding-Ding!" quest is completed.

I also want the same thing to happen with a door. ex; The door to the location that I want locked during all quests up till the "Ring a-Ding-Ding!" quest, unlocks and become available for the player to enter.

Another thing that I want to "finalize" is turning in holotags of U.S. Soldiers that you can loot, then for turning the holotag in you get a reward (basically the same system from FO3). I have the dialogue set up already but the problem is that I need the game to detect if I have the Holotags in my inventory or not so I cant just keep selecting the same thing over and over and getting infinite rewards when I have no Holotags.

And finally, I have a crate that contains 7 radios in it that spawn different types of NPC's and I want the radios to become available only when A specific quest is completed.

Thanks!

My expertise is quite limited. Only thing I can offer is that you should look at the scripts for the brotherhood and NCRs dogtag quests. I believe you only need to change the faction , quest, and quest item variables to make them work with another faction.

DrPepper715 - Hello!

"I also want the same thing to happen with a door. ex; The door to the location that I want locked during all quests up till the "Ring a-Ding-Ding!" quest, unlocks and become available for the player to enter."

That's pretty straightforward, you can attach a script to the door & check on the status of quests with several of these:

http://geck.bethsoft.com/index.php?title=Category:Quest_Functions

Depending on what exactly you're after, quest stages or quest completed.

Then use the "Unlock" command to set the door to unlocked:

http://geck.bethsoft.com/index.php?title=Unlock

Set the door to locked & requires key, with no key in existence it can only be entered when the script detects the quest is at the stage you want & unlocks it.

"Another thing that I want to "finalize" is turning in holotags of U.S. Soldiers that you can loot, then for turning the holotag in you get a reward (basically the same system from FO3). I have the dialogue set up already but the problem is that I need the game to detect if I have the Holotags in my inventory or not so I cant just keep selecting the same thing over and over and getting infinite rewards when I have no Holotags."

You can look at the Fallout 3 holotag scripts to see how Bethesda did.

To check whether the player has any of the needed item in their inventory you can use "GetItemCount" in a script:

http://geck.bethsoft.com/index.php?title=GetItemCount

For example the line to check would be something like:

if player.GetItemCount USSoldierholotag > 0
Player.removeitem USSoldierholotag 1
Player.AddItem Caps001 100

endif

Where "USSoldierholotag" is the ObjectID of your holotags being checked for.

That line will pass when the script is run if the player has more than 0 USSoldierholotags in their inventory.

It removes one of the holotags & places a hundred caps into the player's inventory.

"And finally, I have a crate that contains 7 radios in it that spawn different types of NPC's and I want the radios to become available only when A specific quest is completed."

Just as with the door above, you can use one of those quest check commands to see when a quest is completed & use it to enable the crate, having set it to initially disabled so that it's invisible until needed.

Or set it to locked like the door until the quest is finished.

Hope this helps!

Prensa

Edited by prensa