Which Military Branch would you rather serve?

Tiber Septim

Which Military Branch will you rather serve?  

111 members have voted

1. 1. Read the instructions and story for more further details

• United States Marine Corps.
    • United States Army
    • United States Air Force
    • United States Navy

Success Rates aren't always the most accurate way to look at things.

If a Marines have a 75% success rate out of 100 missions

and an SAS has a 99% success rate out of 76 missions, wouldn't that make them pretty close to even.

No offense, I'm not saying anyone is better, just stating that there are more things to measure if you want to accurately state which is better.

But anyways, here's my question.

Does being in the military hurt or help your chances of finding the love of your life? Are girls more or less attracted to soldiers.

• Replies 393
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@OHW

didnt you ask that a few month back yet?

depends on the gals you want id say...do you want a submissive bunny or an intelligent lady with selfesteem?

its not the best reason to join the military however i assume :D

@roe

you didnt defend your country, you invaded others... thats a difference... the only ones that actually defend the us and not some us companies and hence the international banking club are those at the mexican border fighting drug cartels...

im not god to judge however wether it is right or wrong to loose a leg and a friend for the wealth of some tyrants, each his own... as long as you dont knowingly shoot innocents like some do you cant be blamed for simply following orders you were made to believe are in the interest of your fatherland

@uk

the SAS is a commando unit, thats it, wether theyre good or not depends on the individual soldiers and their ability to work together, just like a baseball, football or basketballteam, one season theyre good and the next they suck...

you truly cant say that SEAL is worse than SAS as there simply is no ground for such a judgement, a sniper or ied could take out even rambo and hence there is as harabec said no best or worst, just dead and alive...

and as i explained a few pages back marines and SAS are two totally different outfits you cant compare.

furthermore is the SAS not the oldest commando unit, maybe the oldest that still exists but even the us rangers which were born from roger's rangers were a commando unit back in the days, as were the german jaegers for example... they simply were so effective that they stocked them up in numbers and now they are not a commando unit anymore but a regular outfit... in WW2 the german navy had a fitting word for its "elite" units: kleinkampfgruppe, or in english: small combat unit which is exactly what makes any of these special forces units, they are few in numbers...

and an SAS has a 99% success rate out of 76 missions, wouldn't that make them pretty close to even.

No offense, I'm not saying anyone is better, just stating that there are more things to measure if you want to accurately state which is better.

Does being in the military hurt or help your chances of finding the love of your life? Are girls more or less attracted to soldiers.

Ah my friend I can tell you already that being in the military and having a girlfriend or boyfriend that isnt prepared for it, it WILL end between you two. Now on the other hand if you meet someone who is really prepared for the distance and really wants to commit to you, then it will most likely work.

Think about it this way, if youre not around to keep her company, she'll find someone else who will. ANd you'll be the last to know.

Lol @ UK47 I do find it funny as all hell how a 15 yr old kid knows all about war and sacrifice. Of course Im going to support my fellow Marines, Semper Fi!

But its more than that, my father was ARMY and his father was NAVY, its not like I look down on the other branches, US branches that is. IDK anything about branches of other countries, I dont much care either. All I know is that im totally dedicated to the CORPS Oorah!

@ Uncle Roe, dont gte too burned up dude, UK47 is just a little kid and doesnt know better haha. He' not worth having high blood pressure over lol. Semper Fi

Ah my friend I can tell you already that being in the military and having a girlfriend or boyfriend that isnt prepared for it, it WILL end between you two. Now on the other hand if you meet someone who is really prepared for the distance and really wants to commit to you, then it will most likely work.

Think about it this way, if youre not around to keep her company, she'll find someone else who will. ANd you'll be the last to know.

Lol @ UK47 I do find it funny as all hell how a 15 yr old kid knows all about war and sacrifice. Of course Im going to support my fellow Marines, Semper Fi!

But its more than that, my father was ARMY and his father was NAVY, its not like I look down on the other branches, US branches that is. IDK anything about branches of other countries, I dont much care either. All I know is that im totally dedicated to the CORPS Oorah!

@ Uncle Roe, dont gte too burned up dude, UK47 is just a little kid and doesnt know better haha. He' not worth having high blood pressure over lol. Semper Fi

shut up, I am only 6 years younger than you, it's not of my fault if you are silly.

you both doesn't even know what is a SEAL or a SAS.

Dude ? are you kidding me ? the SAS served in every theatre of war since WW2 !

@OHW

Yes, and nobody answered me.

Besides, I wanted to at least TRY and stop this mindless bickering over who is best. We're all soldiers serving our countries, that is what counts.

I'm really getting sick of the arguement over who's best, the Marines or SAS. I'm going to go with the U.S. Navy because we don't bother ourselves with such mindless bickering, and because I'm baised as a Navy DEPper, soon to be recruit. Really, the better man is the one who doesn't go around trying to shove it in peoples' faces that he is the best.

shut up, I am only 6 years younger than you, it's not of my fault if you are silly.

you both doesn't even know what is a SEAL or a SAS.

Haha six years in a numeric sense but you act much younger. Lol "shut up boo hoo" hahahahahaha. Omg it makes me laugh lol.

from all youre "indepth" research I can see you are someone who is easily mind f-ed. Just an observation lol.

And to answer you're question yes I am quiet familiar with the SEALs, assuming youre talking about the NAVY SEALs, and I stated earlier my dads father was a SEAL, he served in the NAVY for many years. As for SAS I couldnt less lol.

@OHW

Yes, and nobody answered me.

Besides, I wanted to at least TRY and stop this mindless bickering over who is best. We're all soldiers serving our countries, that is what counts.

I'm really getting sick of the arguement over who's best, the Marines or SAS. I'm going to go with the U.S. Navy because we don't bother ourselves with such mindless bickering, and because I'm baised as a Navy DEPper, soon to be recruit. Really, the better man is the one who doesn't go around trying to shove it in peoples' faces that he is the best.

Haha got a point there lol.

Sorry about the double post, my fault.

There is a lot of competition overwho is the "best" but in combat situations the branches all interact and work with one another. So really its a big team effort in a way haha.

It's a sort of double-edged sword. I lost the girl that I thought was the girl of my dreams because I enlisted into the military. She belonged to a pacifist religion and my personal need to do something great in life was apparently some kind of sin. On the flip-side, the military has sent me to more beautiful countries than I've been able to keep track of, plenty of opportunity to find Ms Right and make her Mrs WoogieMonster.

On your second question, that's a lot more complicated to answer. For marines and sailors there is never a shortage of women who are attracted to the uniform, the idea of what it represents, and basically just how awesome the uniform looks. And there are also as many who realize the sad truth those uniforms represent: is he going to be shipped somewhere that she can not follow, or is she going to answer a knock at the door one day and be greeted by a man saying "I have some bad news." There is a lot more that should be considered when trying to answer that question, but I'm neither a woman nor a fan of huge posts, so that's just a couple of the thoughts I had.