Which Military Branch would you rather serve?

Tiber Septim

Which Military Branch will you rather serve?  

111 members have voted

1. 1. Read the instructions and story for more further details

• United States Marine Corps.
    • United States Army
    • United States Air Force
    • United States Navy

You know it's funny. I've never had trouble getting along with enlisted sergeants. During mission or drills we call each other by rank,during chow or kit-up time,we call each other by our first or last names. Most of the sergeants i worked under were serious about their jobs and not as political about their ranks as you would think.

Now.. officers were a different story... Out of the entire time i served.. i only remember meeting 3 officers that had made rank climbing the NCO ranks first.. every other was a snot nosed youngster straight out of selection with a huge head on their shoulders..flaunting their newly aquired silver bars and yappin blank commands,demanding respect of their own rank.. man..sometimes...friendly fire accidents were not always accidents..eh? lol

• Replies 393
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was thinking of joining when i turned 18 what branch should i join

try the olive branch!

I assume you mean peace never i want to die a warriors death

fair enough... Just curios and no offfense intended.My family comes from a long line of warriors and patriots

If you plan on dieng a warriors death..then get married. the military drill instructors are not looking for people to die for them,they are looking for people to fight for them lol. Some vets say your service isn't up until you die,others say even when you die,you still have to serve,just under a different commanding officer.

Now.. if you truly wish to die for your beliefs.. then you should try joining the terrorist lol.. they are willing to die for their beliefs.. i am only willing to fight in the name of mine. If death comes knockin while i'm fightin..then me and death are gonna have a couple words before i go. lol.

If you plan on dieng a warriors death..then get married. the military drill instructors are not looking for people to die for them,they are looking for people to fight for them lol. Some vets say your service isn't up until you die,others say even when you die,you still have to serve,just under a different commanding officer.

Now.. if you truly wish to die for your beliefs.. then you should try joining the terrorist lol.. they are willing to die for their beliefs.. i am only willing to fight in the name of mine. If death comes knockin while i'm fightin..then me and death are gonna have a couple words before i go. lol.

have I ever told you just how wonderful i find your opinions?...and no I'm not hitting on you. :biggrin:

One mans terrorist is another mans freedom fighter...

Uncle Roe responded to that way more gently than I was expecting. To paraphrase a line from a movie, "No battle is ever won by men dying for their beliefs, they've all been won by getting the other side to die for theirs."

If I ever heard someone under me, or over me, say they were looking "to die a warriors death" I'd put a bullet in them myself and make sure they spend the next 15 years in a padded room wearing a jacket with no sleeves. I won't risk someone getting my men (or myself) killed just so they can be some kind of hero in their own little Die Hard fantasy.

As I've mentioned before I have no intent on dying for my beliefs, most of the stuff I'm fighting for I really don't give two rats asses about. I'm only here to do my job to the best of my ability and to do my best to help out the two men on each side of me.

And I see nobody really answered the question of which branch you should join, I'd say Navy, but of course I'm baised.