Which Military Branch would you rather serve?

Tiber Septim

Which Military Branch will you rather serve?  

111 members have voted

1. 1. Read the instructions and story for more further details

• United States Marine Corps.
    • United States Army
    • United States Air Force
    • United States Navy

• Replies 393
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Holy hell.. i've been gone for like what?.. a week?.. and this thread has expanded four pages long? damn tiber..your major is gonna be homeless if they keep this up..then again NCO or not the pay always sucked anyways.

You take your Majors money and you get promoted to E-7.. dude..seriously... i wish i had that kind of luck when i was still in.

I'd Re-up and have them reassign me to your div(lol) if i lost my current civi job but they'd start me off at E-6 and i'd rather die of old age as a gunny.

The us military rank structure is this

E-7 US Army Sargent First Class (me retired in 1987)

US Navy Chief Petty Officer

US Marines Gunnery Sargent

USAf - Master Sargent

If memory servers you are from Germany, the equivilant rank if memory serves is

"Hauptfeldwebel", been a long time but I believe that is correct.

You will find them listed here:

http://www.defenselink.mil/specials/insignias/enlisted.html

On the bottom you will find a link to the officers rank structure.

i see thx :)

found a link comparing the diff. NATO ranks http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/NATO-Rangcode

its in german but the table showing the different ranks is universal...

kinda complicated tho if you ask me...

or even more comprehensive:

http://www.babelport.com/articles/stanag2116.htm

greece has a neat name btw... general becomes stratigos... :D i like that one

Yeh. i called a recruiter bout an hour ago to ask if they'd demote me if i re-upped and he figured i'd keep same rank but since i've toured 4 times they'd keep me in the states training recruits in one of the MCRD's..and if there is one thing i hate that is more boring than playing the sand version of tic-tac-toe in iraq,is watching recruits PT all day. THEN AGAIN..even if they are talking to their own kind... marine recruiters lie their ass-es off a good %95 of the time.. either way it's that or the frontline

1st Marine Div.

"The Old Breed"

Probably the most best division since WWII. Home to the disbanded Marine Raiders. I'm very proud to be with them.

Guadacanal....

And Surprise is a Surprise! I'm over-excited right now. As you said, Uncle Roe. I think the Major's givin' up. Rather than giving money again for Every week. He gives a surprise for me! I was watchin' the recruits singin' while stretching and as always, with my laptop in my lap. I was looking for comments in my newest mod. Then, someone touched my hand. It was my Major, he changed the my insignia to E-7 or Gunnery Sergeant. Then officers and the recruits clapped. One of my happiest days of my life. But, my ass will go back to combat probably next year. I hope it's just for a while. And yeah, tommorow, i'm replacing the "Drill Sgt who went for a holiday". Thing is, i think i'm to soft to be a Drill Sgt. So, thanks to the Nexus for this thread.

@Uncle Roe

Hey! I played Sand tic-tac-toe with my squadmates, with knives... I did remember a stupid thing. Y'know there's a school somewhere in Baghdad. That's when combat stress reacted, I played in the Playground with the kids. Beg your recruiter or Officer to reassign to the Old Breed and make sure you go to the 5th Regiment. It's easy to find me. I have an Indonesian Face and i always laugh loud.

Best, Warm Regards

GySgt. Tiber "Gunny" Septim :biggrin:

Congratulations Gunny

You need to change the chevrons in your sig.

Don't be too soft on the recruits. Remember, "The more they sweat in training the less they bleed in battle."

And later they will brag about how tough 'their' gunny was in training.

For those who still don't know, Gunny is the Marine nick name for a Marine Gunnery Sergeant - what only the Marines call an E7, which in the US Army is equivalent to a Sergeant First Class . For our Non US, and probably many of the US members as well, E7 means enlisted level 7. (or for the bean counters Pay grade 7) Enlisted levels go from E1 through E10, so as you can see our new gunny is doing very well. Officer ranks are O1 (second Lieutenant) through O10, General of the Army (5 stars)

Semper Fi