Which Military Branch would you rather serve?

Tiber Septim

Which Military Branch will you rather serve?  

111 members have voted

1. 1. Read the instructions and story for more further details

• United States Marine Corps.
    • United States Army
    • United States Air Force
    • United States Navy

• Replies 393
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Jaysus

Many Iraqi, Afganistan people done that. I don't know why, but i think Doctors or researcher would like to have it. Anyway, thanks for your advice on Drill Sergeant. I'm only doing that for a week, so it won't be long until i watch and see the recruits' asses kicked by another Drill Sergeant. I'm goin' to jog a little with the recruits later and maybe sleep a lil' cause i haven't slept easy last night...

@DukeNukem2

I see, fly high with the flyboys. Not my style though, but good!

I've been watching this thread for a couple of days since I saw the US Armed Forces mod pop up. First off, Good Job, Gunny Septim.

As for my branch, well hell, Army. My Family is a Marine Family, but I went the other way. Mostly because I didn't want to do what everyone else did. I Enlisted with Parents permission when I was 17, and my Uncle's who are the Marines, are still upset with me for not joining the Corps.

Family functions are wonderful.

I did want to be a Sailor, and serve on the few Tall ships that are still operated by the US Navy and Coast Guard, but 9/11 hit a little to close to home, and so I went to the Army.

Hooah Gunny, keep up the good work.

Well, what the Americaan's did with the Taliban was, it just really made me mad. Yes yes, the Taliban were evil, but they also did some good things. For example; they stopped the transaction of drugs into other countries of Europe. BUt then the American's came, and they killed almost all of the Taliban members.

:verymad:

But, if I'd be forced to choose, I'd choose to join the Marines, because I do really like the sea.

Besides, my father served the Norwegian sea force, so I've learned very much about a...

sailing boat.

@ Tiber

After my 3rd tour i had went to sergeants school to train for drill instructor.. but even after you graduate you have to be elected by more than one superior officer to actually become a drill sergeant. never heard of a new gunny act as a replacer before. makes me want to join up again to see what it's like.. i hate being stationed at any of the Recruit depots but then again..who doesn't love yelling at kids? lol

Also,during my 7 years of service.. i actually only was stationed in one non combat area as an MP and that was a recruiting post in berlin. Sides that i served as Mp almost all the time on the front or in some backwater town that we thought terrorist suspects were housed in. so many damn urban missions to officially make you a vet regardless of rank. One of my first missions,the enemy had placed an IED inside one of the buildings we were starting to recon. it triggered when we opened the door. not a good first impression and kept me on my toes for the rest of the year.

I don't like to talk alot about any of the tours as for the most part nothing good really happened out of them. just alot of bad stuff..lot lot lot of bad stuff lol. really my last tour of service was my only truly enjoyable deployment. i was still in the marines but also contracted with Blackwater. we had a little more freedom around the battlefield and better weapon training.

PLUS.. the one thing that made me smile from ear to ear was i could finally tap into my sniper school training. Sniper has no actuall MOS.. so i trained for MP and then never got to use my sniper skill lol,but when i joined blackwater, i was no longer an MP. So i got to carry my M8 instead of the SAW.

how come you can work for a private corp the same time you work as a marine? thought you could only start doing that after youre done with the service?

and why would they give you a saw if youre rather a sharpshooter? thats quite the opposite lol...

you can work for a private corp as active military. many of the soldiers that make up blackwater are still active.

As for the SAW. i guess you forgot your talking to a marine. opposites make no difference to me. As an MP i trained with many automatic weapons and felt more comfortable using them,however when i was an MP my fireteam size was always between 6 and 12,which are very large units,but in blackwater i was no longer an MP and our fireteams consisted of 3-4 soldiers which is average size. having fewer soldiers per unit we had to train for different weapons to achieve any mission given to us and since blackwater has so many grunts who know how to use auto weps i decided to join a sniper unit,sides i only planned on joining for one year and then that was it.. no more marines..no more blackwater.. i'm out, i'm done.. so why waste my sniper training and not use it?. thing is i wished i had been able to use it earlier in my career as i took a serious fanatical liking to it. lol.

i find that kinda scary... dunno why but it makes me shiver to have active duty people working for private corps :/

opposites make no difference to me

lol a healthy selfesteem...

as i took a serious fanatical liking to it

agreed... even tho i obviously oppose all that killing i must admit that there is somin mystical about doing aimed shooting

started as small kid with a WW1 rifle my grandgrandgrand dad bought for the kids back then and never got rid of that love to see the bullet hit the spot you aimed at...

@Uncle Roe

It is most likely because i'm in a long furlough, i'm staying in Camp Pendleton for a while, and i like to talk to Officers. I hate shouting on kids, though... But it's only for a week, so i'm not a Drill Sarge. and yeah, it is a rare chance to do this, so I'm lucky to experience it.

I still carry my favorite weapon, my old buddy M16. This Rifle saved my life many times. It's like my mother, y'know. But if the Gov't didn't declare that WWII Weapons is obsolete, I'll be carrying the Thompson(Gangster Style) or the M1 Garand(Marines' Best Friend). Anyway, i'm thinking about if your still an MP, then you find me drunk in the street, what will you do to me?

@Birrii

Well, you better go to the navy, then. Rather the Marines.

@Armyguy88

Well, you should go to the Corps. But it's your choice.

I'm not an American, so I wouldn't join any of the listed branches :P

But, here in NZ, if I was going to enlist (I've been considering it, but probably won't - don't want to put my mother through the horror of more loved ones on tour, and the possibility of not having me come home), I'd join the Army... in particular, the Artillery (just like my Grandfather). There's something about launching explosive ordnance at targets that I find rather interesting :)

Not sure what part of the US Military runs your artillery branch... but I'd join whichever branch houses the artillery.