Which Military Branch would you rather serve?

Tiber Septim

Which Military Branch will you rather serve?  

111 members have voted

1. 1. Read the instructions and story for more further details

• United States Marine Corps.
    • United States Army
    • United States Air Force
    • United States Navy

i would like to serve the marines in a year and a half. im gonna try for the sniper corps.

• Replies 393
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i would like to serve the marines in a year and a half. im gonna try for the sniper corps.

Umm far as I know theres no "sniper corps" as you call it. Theres being a Scout Sniper, or Recon. Youll get shooting experience going through boot camp since every Marine is a rifleman. Rifle week you shoot at 200, 300, and 500 yrds. Some of the more experienced Marines on this forum can explain it better, I still havent left for boot camp yet lol. But hey if you wanna join the Marines, read up on it, do some research on it. That way you get a clear sight of what you wanna do, and prepare for it, run and workout like EVERYday lol.

Oorah!

im quit aware of that, but its what i have called it since i was like 8. =P

yes scout sniper is what i was talking about.

also good luck with boot camp and dont get shot =D

You'll still have to choose another job in the corps sides sniper. Recon and Scout are not considered official jobs and have no job code to define them. It's more of a secondary skill. it's a little confusing but for some reason the corps decided it be that way. i had went to sniper school and after i graduated i went to military police academy. the job code for MP is 5811. it defines the job and is something you can do in the corps without having to take on a secondary skill. with MP and sniper training behind me, i got base defense detail along with a whole buncha recon missions and cover missions such as helping protect an MP convoy rolling through dangerous territory..so even though it may not have a job code or MOS (Military Occpational Specialty) it's still a job in every marine/soldiers eyes.

If sniper is your goal,they'll probally relocate you to the 2/2. that's where they put me and it's mostly filled with veteran snipers.

Also there is a sniper corps but it's in a merc group called Blackwater. i was with them my last tour and it was pretty nice. Lot more training with more exotic rifles and if you join up with them while still in the military,you collect two different paychecks,just watch out if you head on up to Blackwater.. they got a bad reputation for increasing innocent death counts,even though i haven't seen any of that while serving with them.

Oorah Gunny

Yea I figured one of you more experienced guys would explain it better than I can haha.

Sweet.

I remeber reading about Blackwater in the news when they got accused of killing civilians. Never really paided much attention to it though since I was in school at the time. So I really have no idea what happened and all that jazz.

as much as i love the armed forces, they shouldnt exist. When countries need to gather their men together for the sole purpose of killing another country's gathered men, it is pointless. But i do love oyu guys for risking your lives

No armed forces?!?!?!?!?!

Wait so you mean we really can all just get along?!?!?!?!?!?!

*Head explodes*

as much as i love the armed forces, they shouldnt exist. When countries need to gather their men together for the sole purpose of killing another country's gathered men, it is pointless. But i do love oyu guys for risking your lives

If nothing else, kudos for having such a simple outlook.

No armed forces?!?!?!?!?!

Wait so you mean we really can all just get along?!?!?!?!?!?!

*Head explodes*

why send people to go kill each other? its just dumb! governments are here to PROTECT the people not to send them off to kill other people. Killing each other people two guys in suits didnt get along is pointless. Imagine a world where we actually did get along! it would be a paradise... a utopia! But here we are, our evil ways stuck in our minds.

If nothing else, kudos for having such a simple outlook.

i just made it simple because im lazy

but it is true