Which Military Branch would you rather serve?

Tiber Septim

Which Military Branch will you rather serve?  

111 members have voted

1. 1. Read the instructions and story for more further details

• United States Marine Corps.
    • United States Army
    • United States Air Force
    • United States Navy

I served 7 years Marines. One tour afghanistan, 2 iraq. i can honestly say that i enjoyed most of it. alot of the times it was just my unit waiting to be rescued by the army..ALOT,Though i got to learn many things,see many things,and do many things that help me get a better civilian job.

Afghanistan tour was not fun. it was my first deployment and i was stuck on street patrol for a year which is basically the worst patrol you can get. there are these roadside explosives called IED's "Improvised explosive device" which is an easy as hell to make bomb..(a coke can, a fuse..and a sharp piece of metal basically) and these things were hidden all over the dammned landscape. every second we'd be stopping patrol for garbage in the middle of the road hoping it didn't explode in our faces..and if we didn't stop and got careless.. we got dead. that doesn"t sum the entire tour up but it's the worst thing i can think of doing.

Iraq was worse lol.. it's a little more busy on the iraqi front than the afghan so i found myself doing alot more. i don't really like to talk about it that much so i will sum it up in 4 words.. i got shot twice.. lol after the 2nd time i got hit i suddenly had a change of heart on wanting to be in the corps. luckily for me my time was almost up and went home not to long after.

Only 3 weeks later i am back but i re-upped so it's my own damn fault anyway lol. Next time i served was all over the coast of iraq. had a ton more to do as i signed up with this military orginazation known as blackwater. it's ran by vets and current military. only reason i joined is you actually get a decent paycheck doing things you did in the past but for for for crap pay(never join the military for money)

I'm 24 so least i still got my youth and a nice civi job as a city cop. i am still breathing and the things i have learned from the service will keep me alive for years to come..hopefully..

So..what i am saying basically is.. i'd choose the Marines...lol :yes:

You wasn't meant to tell people how to make IED's :( or the items involved in creating it.

But hey, it can't be as bad as the BBC telling people HOW to create compressed liquid bombs LOL

• Replies 393
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well if I were American I would go with the Marines with the aim of getting into Special Forces.

But since im not I would go with New Zealand Army - SAS. A very fine fighting force. One of which last year won the Victoria Cross for Gallantry. The first New Zealnder in 50 years.

shouldn't be scared of ppl using my way of making IED's. you can get all the information you need to make your own little nuke from the internet. if anything what i said is old news lol

Navy. All the people who served in the military in my family were in the Navy. Plus you are (mostly) gauranteed a dry bed every night. Also, the Navy does not only have ships, but also aircraft and soldiers (SEALS and the Marines, who were originally a Navy unit, but are now thought of more as their own branch of armed force).

I served 7 years Marines. One tour afghanistan, 2 iraq. i can honestly say that i enjoyed most of it. alot of the times it was just my unit waiting to be rescued by the army..ALOT,Though i got to learn many things,see many things,and do many things that help me get a better civilian job.

Afghanistan tour was not fun. it was my first deployment and i was stuck on street patrol for a year which is basically the worst patrol you can get. there are these roadside explosives called IED's "Improvised explosive device" which is an easy as hell to make bomb..(a coke can, a fuse..and a sharp piece of metal basically) and these things were hidden all over the dammned landscape. every second we'd be stopping patrol for garbage in the middle of the road hoping it didn't explode in our faces..and if we didn't stop and got careless.. we got dead. that doesn"t sum the entire tour up but it's the worst thing i can think of doing.

Iraq was worse lol.. it's a little more busy on the iraqi front than the afghan so i found myself doing alot more. i don't really like to talk about it that much so i will sum it up in 4 words.. i got shot twice.. lol after the 2nd time i got hit i suddenly had a change of heart on wanting to be in the corps. luckily for me my time was almost up and went home not to long after.

Only 3 weeks later i am back but i re-upped so it's my own damn fault anyway lol. Next time i served was all over the coast of iraq. had a ton more to do as i signed up with this military orginazation known as blackwater. it's ran by vets and current military. only reason i joined is you actually get a decent paycheck doing things you did in the past but for for for crap pay(never join the military for money)

I'm 24 so least i still got my youth and a nice civi job as a city cop. i am still breathing and the things i have learned from the service will keep me alive for years to come..hopefully..

So..what i am saying basically is.. i'd choose the Marines...lol :yes:

Semper Fi ;)

Well if I were American I would go with the Marines with the aim of getting into Special Forces.

Special Forces (more popularly known as the Green Berets) are an entity of the U.S. Army... you can't get into them via the Marines.

This is not to say that the Marines don't have their own elite troops; Force Recon are some of the best on the planet, and I'd expect there are others that I'm unaware of (I'm not a Marine... Tiber, can you add some info here?).

And yeah, the SAS (regardless of their country of origin) are some hardcore mo-fo's too.

humanbean234 I kinda meant special forces from the marines. I am not that familair with SF in america it appears that there are a few where as we only have one the SAS who train for every type of situation. Our Scouts are much sought after

Very true about the SAS my bro was a NZ SAS and went on to join the british SAS and two of my friends are NZ SAS scouting for US Forces in Afganistan.

Well, Guys. I'm back. I've got lots of paperworks from Officers in the San Diego Recruit Depot. So yeah, i've done them half though. Humanbean,

Dezdi, all of you. Thank you for keeping this forum active.

@Uncle Roe

Hey, Roe. No one ever enjoys such things. Not even me nor my dead Brother and my dead friend. and yeah, i agree with you. Iraq is one of the worst hellhole I've ever been. I don't want to explain this again, just see my post about it.

@Humanbean

Hey, i do know something about my proud branch. But i'm just a mere Enlisted Men and just care about my men and my family. Ask Pentagon or Wikipedia. But... Force Recon are the one of the best, if you ask me. and Marines can move to the SEALs if they are elected to do so.

@floggingmolly22

I've served the Navy for 1 year before enlisting into the Marines. Sure, you got a nice bed in Pearl Harbor, but it's quite boring. I was looking for action at that time of Age(because i didn't know anything at first).

And i forgot to put this in....

@Uncle Roe

Your avatar is from First to Fight, am i right? For training when i was a Private, i was told to play that. Pretty Nice actually. About the Tour of Duty, I was mostly deployed in Afganistan, and i do think it's 3 times. same as you, I'm stuck at Street Patrol, Good thing is i'm always with the same ol' squad. Our squad was maybe the most friendliest squads ever. We damn laugh out loudly on the streets. Until lots of other squads staring at us. That's the only bright memories inside a dark, hellish place. The rest of the memories are nightmares..

Best, Warm Regards,

Staff Sergeant Tiber Septim

Yes, I'm sure it would be very boring, but quite honestly, I'd rather be bored than almost dying. That was kind of the idea of wanting to join the Navy. Not many active battles, just a lot of routine and drills. I'm a little attached to my life, so I'd not jump at the chance for action. To those who do risk their lives for the sake of peace/harmony, liberty/freedom, whatever else you personally are fighting for, thank you. It's not everyone who would do what you do. I'm one of them (I wouldn't want to serve on the front at least).