Cannot enter skyrim.nexusmods.com

DanielUA

Here's the problem - I cannot access skyrim.nexusmods.com . However I am still able to access all OTHER Nexus pages, for example oblivion.nexusmods.com and I am able to access skyrim.nexusmods.com from proxy server. I also am still able to write posts and haven't received any notifications about ban. It definitely isn't a problem with my firewall/antivirus because I have same problem while trying to access skyrim.nexusmods.com from both second computer and Kindle e-book.

Can you please tell me what does it mean? Does it mean that there is some problem with my internet provider? Or was my IP for some reason banned from skyrim.nexusmods.com? But I don't have any problem with Oblivion, Morrowind Nexusmods sites and forum...

Edited by DanielUA

We do not ban or block just one game. If you can access any one, you should be able to access them all. There is no function in the software we use to block you from using one site and not all of them. Are you getting any kind of message or error code? We have had certain antivirus bock specific sites in the past - usually based on some report. But, when that happens we usually hear about it quickly as all users of that antivirus will be blocked. There are also some 'family friendly' filtering programs that may filter out sites such as those for M rated games or adult rated mods. My experience with these is they are spotty at best and rely on user input to decide what to block. So, if several users object to something on a site that can get it blocked.

Thank you for a quick and detailed answer! I'm getting just a simple "Site is unavailable" error. I don't use any "filter" programs and I have already disabled my antivirus... But now I'm sure that problem is with my Internet provider. So I'll start calling them right now. I think topic can be closed.

what happens when you open a dos window and try to ping nexus.com?

that's step one for analyzing connection problems

if the packets (all 4) comeback fine -> that's a good sign

it doesn't hurt to setup the nexus site as a trusted site too....

where-ever needed

• 3 weeks later...

Okay, I'm having this problem now. Dragon Age, Witcher, Fallout nexus' work but not Skyrim nexus. Both my laptop(firefox) and my gaming pc(ie) cannot connect and my NMM can't connect either. It just time's out.

I thought Skyrim nexus was down but that was 4 days ago. In fact while I was updating mods in NMM I suddenly got disconnected.

I pinged www.skyrimnexus.com in cp and sent 4 recieved 0 = lost 4

Calling my internet provider would help?