ℹ️ Intermittent Download History issues ×

Water Problem and Alt-Tabbing

Gankaku

Hi all! I'm back into Skyrim after away for awhile. Having two problems:

1. I don't know what happened but when I got back to Skyrim I'm having this problem with my water (everything was excellent before). I get in the water, go under, and everything's black. It's extremely disorienting and I can't see anything. If I am able to get deep enough, if I angle the camera just so, I can get a flash/glimpse of underwater but that's about it. I don't seem to have any water mods loaded, or environmental ones that mess with water. However, I'm willing to check it again and any other suggestions folks may have.

2. Alt-tabbing - used to work great, but now when I alt-tab out, when I come back to my game, the entire screen is black. Pretty sure the game's still running because I hear music/sounds. I just can't see anything.

Any ideas about either of these?

Hey, try opening your SkyrimPref.ini qhich should be under c:\Users\<your-name>\Documents\My Games\Skyrim\SkyrimPrefs.ini and change the follwowing to:

bDoDepthOfField=0

iRadialBlurLevel=0

This worked for me when I could only see a green screen under water

Hope it helps.... as to your other issue, I am not sure what the problem could be

I am using ENB yes. No water mods, like I said.

Hi thanks for your tip. The ENB updating suggested by vlaka fixed my problem actually to where I now have vanilla-underwater and can see and fish. The darkness is gone. (thanks vlaka). I'm going to try sticking with the vanilla water for awhile, but when I can't stand it anymore I'll try your tip Bluesky. I like to be able to see far underwater because it's easier on my eyes and the terrain is beautiful, even though it's unrealistic to see so far and clear.

Thanks for all the help!