• Foobar Media Player
    • QuickTime Media Player
    • Real Player Media player
    • VLC Media Player
    • Windows Media Player
    • Itunes Media Player
    • Songbird Media Player
    • KMPlayer Media Player

Hey guess what i have came across a cool new impovement to mp3, its called mp3HD, you heard me mp3HD. Its a lossless format that works with anything from games to media players and so on, it upnconverts regular mp3's to HD, and man do i notice a difference when listening to streamed music like shoutcast or games. It improved it alot, no his static or noise at all anymore, its great.

tested with my older soundblaster card and the same thing, even at 56kbps sounds good.

And its totally free.

try it out for yourself.

http://www.geek.com/articles/news/thomson-...ormat-20090320/

Why not just use the FLAC format if you want lossless audio, Thor? Been around for ages, is open source, and is generally excellent, for everything except file size... but then this mp3hd thing wont be any better for that I expect.

TBH, mp3 isnt a very good format either - ogg files are smaller, and better quality, and are open source, so you dont have to pay royalties everytime you make something which can play them :P If only it was as well supported as mp3...

But bakc on topic, I've taken to using VLC for pretty much every video I watch - I got it when I tried to watch a video in wmp with a seperate subtitles file, and realised that wmp supports almost nothing beyond basic playback of the most common formats. As for music, I use winamp - SHOUTcast radio is excellent, and the rest of the program is better than wmp too, although its very slow, especially starting up.

I know that, i use that format once in while, but this is for convenience, you don't have to switch formats for HD audio when mp3's can do that for you. Its also backwards compatible with other media like mp3 players and home stereos, thats better in my opinion.

I still use winamp :thumbsup: It's the best out of them all, for audio.

• 5 weeks later...

I use Windows Media Player with the KLM Codec pack.

Now it can run more files types than vlc, and as a result works bets for both video and music :D

But as for music, I use Spotify though, which is great! :)