Drakensang: The Dark Eye & Drakensang: The River of Time

lovender

Please stop generalizing NA players. I, for one, find it not only inaccurate but also insulting. Just because a few outspoken critics get attention, it does not mean the entire NA populace feels that way.

I think it would have been more accurate to say that the game was largely unknown. I've never even heard of the game before until I read this thread. But honestly, I feel that PC gaming advertising has really disappeared in the last few years. I guess they don't make as much money as consoles. Even my local game stores hardly carry PC titles anymore.

@ Tidus44:

Ahaha...LOL when I read "a piece of crap like Skyrim gets awards and rave reviews and people think it’s the greatest game ever made. Just weird."

But I think I agreed with you in few things.

The fun thing about Oblivion, Skyrim, even Fallout is the game can be heavily modded.

So I'm just hopping soon more people will start to mod Drakensang & there will be larger community for that game.

Yes the link you sent me is the website where I got the information about modding.

I was in that community. But I don't know if the people there still active.

Well...I don't know why I have a problem when I tried to unpack the meshes using n2tool.exe.

The software just didn't work. I clicked it many times, but nothing appear.

That's why I'm starting to bring the matter to this community.

With the hope that there will be Drakensang Nexus soon... :thumbsup:

@ Lonewolf_kai:

In some ways, yes I think advertising is one of the cause.

It's like listening to the music I think.

Most of us will surely know American music from Lady Gaga, Taylor Swift, Avrill Lavigne, Katty Perry, Rihanna, Beyonce, even Mylee Cyrus.

But music from German musician in these modern times? I don't think I can say a name.

Only music from UK that I think people around the world knows such as The Beatles, etc.

Edited by lovender

Another thing in regards to Skyrim, I've heard nothing but bad things about the game and how too simplistic it is compared to the previous games in the series, and most of that is coming from Elder Scroll fans. The only thing I can think of is that the game is friendly to those that are new to RPG's like what a previous poster in this thread had suggested. It's not a hardcore RPG, and I don't think it was meant to be. I'd hardly call Oblivion hardcore either.

Anyways, what I"m getting at is comparing Skyrim to Drakensang would be like comparing apples and oranges. Sure both are fruit (RPGs) but they're not the same kind. However, take that with a grain of salt. I've not played either game. :shrug:

@ Tidus44:

Ahaha...LOL when I read "a piece of crap like Skyrim gets awards and rave reviews and people think it’s the greatest game ever made. Just weird."

But I think I agreed with you in few things.

The fun thing about Oblivion, Skyrim, even Fallout is the game can be heavily modded.

So I'm just hopping soon more people will start to mod Drakensang & there will be larger community for that game.

Yes the link you sent me is the website where I got the information about modding.

I was in that community. But I don't know if the people there still active.

Well...I don't know why I have a problem when I tried to unpack the meshes using n2tool.exe.

The software just didn't work. I clicked it many times, but nothing appear.

That's why I'm starting to bring the matter to this community.

With the hope that there will be Drakensang Nexus soon... :thumbsup:

@ Lonewolf_kai:

In some ways, yes I think advertising is one of the cause.

It's like listening to the music I think.

Most of us will surely know American music from Lady Gaga, Taylor Swift, Avrill Lavigne, Katty Perry, Rihanna, Beyonce, even Mylee Cyrus.

But music from German musician in these modern times? I don't think I can say a name.

Only music from UK that I think people around the world knows such as The Beatles, etc.

The Radon Labs NPK unpacker I had did not work with Windows 7 and not with 64 bit system. I was using an older laptop with Windows XP and even then it was a bit unpredictable as to how it functioned.

The dtp web site is not overly active, but it looks like there are still some people who visit and post there.

I wonder if there are any other web sites around about modding Drakensang that may answer questions or that know of a better tool for unpacking the files?

I think I may look around to see what I can find.

I do agree that the modding community is the only thing that makes Skyrim bearable to play. Oblivion, Morrowind and the Fallout series (at least up to Fallout 3) being older games were much better games technically, in playability and even in story. The modding community made them better, but playing the vanilla versions wasn’t bad or frustrating.

Skyrim represents the epitome of the decline of PC gaming to me. A rather dull, uninspired game with all the fun drained out of it in order to make it “easier” to play and a ton of technical issues – and after 25 or so patches it still has all sorts of technical problems that break the game. Modders fixed more problems than the developer did.

The real issue isn't that PC gaming is declining with it's content, but rather developers are gearing PC games with consoles in mind so that they can cross platform them. Skyrim was a pure example of this and a poor one to use for PC game content decline.