Created IdleMarkers will not delete

SKKmods

I am trying to fix a base game issue that Handy robots assigned to workshop flora will not idle at the assigned flora.

I have a function which places IdleMarker MrHandyGardening at flora node with the appropriate config when assigned to a Handy race and they happily multiassign for production and move between the idle markers playing the animation. Yay!
But ... when the actor is unasigned and the script calls Disable() and Delete() on the IdleMarkers, they hang around forever (FindAllReferencesofType finds them and unassigned handys idle at them) even through a cell unload/load and iHoursToRespawncell PCB cell reset.
The original PlaceAtMe includes abForcePersist = False, abDeleteWhenAble = True and there are no quest, script or linkedref handles holding on to them.
The workaround is to move them to a hidden holding cell where they persist in perpituity, but that just stacks up object bloat in the save game. It's as if IdleMarkers once spawned become persistently indestructable.
The actual question: how to convert an IdleMarker Idle animation into a Furniture record that can be placed and deleted as normal ?

https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/37617

I made markers using this tutorial. It's like crazy rugs. Any markers with switching 2x animation states also hung for me when their number increased. They did not switch to an invisible state. I don't know why, but in all such mods, the markers can freeze. Therefore, I simply made such markers invisible using an alpha texture. Ordinary invisible rugs whose contours are visible in the workshop.

Thanks, but my issue is not visibiliy as they are (a) invisible and (b) being physically moved out of the world.

It is the fact that the IdleMarker objects persist in the game world and will not delete/scavenge/cleanup from the game file.

Thanks, but my issue is not visibiliy as they are (a) invisible and (b) being physically moved out of the world.

It is the fact that the IdleMarker objects persist in the game world and will not delete/scavenge/cleanup from the game file.

um... I don't know. According to this manual, I made furniture and markers using idle from mixamo. I made animated furniture, like a treadmill, a pole dance scene for idle savage cabbage. I made dozens of invisible markers for mixamo dance animation. Everything is removed and there were no problems. I remember that markers were not removed from this mod.

https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/20651?tab=description

Edited by South8028

The HandyGardening animation is an idle animation, it's behavior graph is RobotBehavior.hkx. Furniture animations' behavior graph is FurnitureBehavior.hkx so I'm afraid you would need to edit the actual animation files (Idle_GardeningTablePlot_1.hkx and Idle_GardeningTablePlot_2.hkx) to convert them into furniture animations. You would also need to create an AnimFurnXXXXX Keyword. The Keyword needs to be added to your workshop assignable furniture and to HandyRace >> Subgraph Data. Well, I've changed sounds and objects in existing animations but I don't know how to convert an idle animation to a furniture animation..

By the way, did you try placing idle markers by Quest Alias >> Create Ref (Temp)? I placed a lot of idle markers with Create Ref and they all got deleted when the quest stopped. If I remember correctly, they didn't get deleted until their cell was unloaded so I had to Disable() Delete() them to prevent NPCs from using them later. Maybe if you put the idle markers in a RefColl or Array after spawning them, you'll be able to delete them later. Another solution might be to play the idle animation periodically on the assigned Mister Handy with a script.

Edited by LarannKiar

PlaceAtMe [ abDeleteWhenAble = True ] is excatly the same behaviour as Quest Alias create ref [ Temp ] on all other objects I have ever spawned except Idle(animation)Markers. I tried both PlaceAtMe and Alias Create on some other Idle(animation)Markers and I also can not force them to delete.

Sounds like converting hkx to furniture is more effort than I can invest in something that no one will ever see anyway :ohmy: