Prevent accidental hits to gaurds

IAmMonolith

I have immersive world encounters and a couple other mods enabled that can create large battles.
Are there any mods that can stop guards from interrupting combat after they have been accidently hit? It's frustrating fighting in large groups and when you accidently hit the wrong person you have to immediately go to the nearest jail and pay the fine of 40 gold or have the guards turn on you mid fight

Ok, up front warning: I'm working on my incidental memory of scanning "new mods" on a daily basis, as I do (boring sedentary life)

I *think* I saw a mod pass by in the new mods category during the past 3 or 4 months that blocks damage "to any ally". (I've seen several that do so for *followers*, so I'm pretty sure I saw something "special" due to that added purpose "sticking out" beyond the norm)

I'm afraid that's pretty much all I remember though, (and, like all incidental memories, it could be flawed, and it might have been longer ago. my long term memory of "unimportant to me details" is a mixed bag) so I'd recommend you start plodding through the new mods pages working back in time. As I vaguely recall, the purpose/intent was stated in its title, if that's any help.

Obviously it'd be better if someone answered authoritatively, but I've found that these requests sometimes become dead threads, so that's why I offered my weekazzed speculative reply. (better than nothing, in advance of you potentially waiting two or three weeks and me finally posting this blather, or even never doing so because the thread gets buried behind a slew of new posts)

best wishes.

Hmmm... *possibly this: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/43618

The phrasing is unclear, but the author mentions "allies multiple times

I've installed what Algabar advised, Simple Offence Suppression MCM - Block Friendly Fire (41774) and it does exactly what I was looking for.

I picked this over SNIFF (43618) because of the pharsing 'Allies'. I read that guards are not allies but neutral npcs so it may not have worked.

Thanks for your recommendations both :laugh: