why are there so little runescape mods for this game :s

cheeze god 7

I've honestly only seen one mod thats the anti dragon fire sheild, runescape is pretty popular wouldn't there be more mods? Or is it a copyright issue? :wallbash:

Because often the mere mention of Runescape, here or anywhere, leads to insults, flaming, and other rude behavior... and that's only from the people who play that horrible game.

People don't make runescape mods because they don't play runescape, aren't interested in runescape, and do not wish to be associated with runescape. Likewise, most of those people who play runescape often lack the ability or attention span to make mods.

There are some legal issues, but these are usually secondary to any of the issues mentioned above.

Simply put, like all things taken from MMORPG's, or games which pretend to be MMORPG's, are usually always best left in that world since when it is brought to something like Oblivion, it is either not something that is close enough to the original, or just looks bad. Runescape, like WoW, has a totally different style than Oblivion, so things from one do not look good in the other. And people would rather spend the time making their own worlds or equipment designs, rather than steal the ideas from some other source.

well runescape behing a horrible ame is only your opinion, and besides who wouldnt want some detailed intresting(er) weapons than some mods previde.

erm, if it's copied from some game, how is it more interesting or original that something someone just made from a sketch they thought looked cool? I'm thinking you have your words mixed up here.

Just because there are alot of retextured weapons does not mean that there aren't a few, more interesting things out there. You clearly have not spent much time looking through the list of weapon mods. If your argument was something more along the lines of wanting more axes or blunt weapons, I might be willing to agree with you, but there are literally thousands of sword mods out there, many of them made by rather skilled individuals. Please don't go insulting their works that they have made available for others to download.

And runescape being a horrible game is not my opinion, but rather an opinion of a great many people from all over the internet. I just happen to agree with them. Put simply, it is just more mindless clicking for skill experience than any fairly intelligent person could be willing to deal with for any length of time. The main draw of the game is not the gameplay, the world, or anything about the, rude, foul mouthed, community, but rather its ability to be played from any java enabled computer. This has led to a population of mostly persons between the ages of 10-16 who often play the game from school, or because they don't have permissions on their computer to install anything better. The chat filters, which were developed because of a community, most of which cannot utter more than 5 words in a string without some vulgarity, ends up preventing almost all other communication. The PvP system is by and large little more than a bully system where strength goes to those who can group up and rape another player. The crafting system is just plain absurd, with no 2 sequential steps near eachother, requiring the player to walk halfway around the world to do the next part in any procedure. Combat is not about levels, or time spent making a good character, but rather how much of a single skill you can squeeze in to the lowest level possible. There is no role playing possible in the game since you have to name your character rpinj1431, as almost other name is taken, and is severely hindered because of the chat filter and a community which is totally incapable of understanding, or cooperating. The quests are little more than a small diversion between hours and hours of clicking the same spot 6,000,000 times, and are the sort of thing which is more ripped off of other sources than anything unique. The equipment system is just too simplistic, where all that matters is the material of the equipment, plate is always better, and about the only thing which is ever special are various shaped hats. So yeah, it is a horrible game, and most could probably agree with what has been said. I am only stating as much as I have since you seemed to require a bit more of an explanation. If you wish to get into a discussion of any online game, there are other sections where this sort of discussion would be more appropriate.

Again, this only establishes the point that there aren't many modders who want to do this kind of stuff, don't want to be associated with this kind of stuff, and would much rather work on their own unique projects. If you cannot understand why someone would find such projects more interesting to play or make than to copy from some web game, then you are kinda missing the point of modding. Rather than whine and complain about how a game you like playing isn't modded into some other game, and saying that everything else is no good, you might be better off trying to explain what sort of benefit such things would have for anyone else, or just make them yourself.

Runescape is the worst game I have ever played.

It's full of people that play the other mmo's that frequently run around proclaiming "free stuff pl0x, l0l0l0l0l0l0l, ub3r n00bS!!"

and aside from that its lack of variety in quests, creatures, and other such elments make it horrible. I'd honestly rather swallow

razor wire, pull it out my ass, and floss myself to death than play this game.

Thank you.

And this is why you should never mention Runescape on the internet... It really brings out the hate. lol.

(oh, and I do share the sentiments that were so colourfully describe by JahRasta - Runescape = EWWWWW)

• 8 months later...

I don't see why all you guys are downgrading RuneScape. I understand that it is not the best game compared to something like Oblivian or World of Warcraft. However, the reason for this is cause according to you guys, no one plays but little kids.

Instead of downgrading RuneScape, go the Jagex website and make suggestions to make it better (i.e. make a world for teens/adults with permissions not so strict while the worlds for younger kids are more strict). For the amount of people that don't like RuneScape, there are possibly the same amount that like it. Plus most likely the people that are complaining about it played an earlier version. I started playing World of Warcraft and went back, didn't like RuneScape because of how much I played WoW. I went back recently and there are quite a bit of changes.

So In conclusion, if you want a better game out of RuneScape or want RuneScape shutdown, contact Jagex with your views instead of ranting about them in some forum where the makers of RuneScape have no clue or care to look at. Also, RuneScape isn't the worst game, there are worse games out there and guess what, they don't last. If RuneScape was such a bad game, it wouldn't still be running.

Please familiarize yourself with site rules regarding thread necromancy.

http://thenexusforums.com/index.php?showtopic=2881

To answer to the post before locking the thread, the real issue is not the graphics, but rather the game and the community that plays the game. Contacting Jagex won't accomplish anything since Jagex is well aware of what sorts of people play their game or how the mechanics of the game are based around mindless clicking for hours. This is, afterall, their target demographic and means of hooking people in to play the game for years.

Regardless of how you feel about the game, the fact remains, stuff like this doesn't ever transfer well from one game to another, and would likely never be good enough for fans of the game. Given that many of the images and forms which might be used for the creation of new objects tend to be exaggerated or extremely plain looking only makes this point even more clear. For people to show an interest in spending the time to mod or create something, there usually needs to be something unique and interesting about it. It doesn't matter how interested YOU are in the idea, but instead how interested the person making the mod is. But, of course, nothing is keeping you from making those things other than being able to spend the time and effort required. This is the point where most of these requests fall apart. People can go on and on about how great a game is, and how worthwhile a certain mod idea is, but never care to actually spend the time learning to do it. THIS is why there are so few Runescape based mods; those who are interested in those things never care enough to follow through, but expect others to jump in and start working right away.

Thread closed. This discussion never goes anywhere.