CTD When Buying Potion of Minor Healing

TheNerdyNeko

Hello, fellow modders. I am running a heavily modded setup and my game runs smoothly and is stable, other than the fact that whenever I try to buy a potion of minor healing specifically from a vendor, the game crashes to desktop. I have tried disabling mods that affect potions, but there is still the crash. Nothing is retexturing or replacing the potions other than Radiant and Unique Potions for SE, which I have disabled to see if it was the problem, and it wasn't. I also tried making a few patches in addition to this in case there were conflicts with the potion replacer I use, but that does not seem to be the problem. I have also made sure my master files and mods are all clean. Has anyone else had this problem? How did you fix it? It is a long list, so I appreciate any patience and help. Sorry for any inconvenience. I will keep trying to see what the problem is.

https://modwat.ch/u/TheNerdyNeko/modlist

Congrats on that mod list! And I thought mine was way too long...

TBH, I don't see anything "obviously wrong". But that doesn't mean much with soo many plugins. I may have simply overlooked something.

Probably your best bet ist to load everything in SSEEdit / XEdit (leave all plugins checked). Then search for this potion in "Skyrim.esm" and see, what mods overwrite the record. Take notes, if necessary. Then try, if disabling these mods changes anything.

EDIT: If you know, which mods affect the healing potion: Instead of simply disabling mods, you can also try to change their "relative load order".

What does this mean? Let's say, you have three mods making changes to that potion: A, B and C. Then you can try to sort these 3 mods in different orders: A, B, C - B, A, C - C, B, A and so on. Sometimes changes like these can help to avoid issues, because the "problematic" record gets overwritten.

OR you can create a patch in XEdit...

Cleaning your master files may be the source of your problem. I know that cleaning the masters caused a Dragonborn mess when nearing the final battle.

Yep. Views on cleaning the master files have changed over the years. General consensus now is NOT to clean them and just leave them as they are.

Congrats on that mod list! And I thought mine was way too long...

TBH, I don't see anything "obviously wrong". But that doesn't mean much with soo many plugins. I may have simply overlooked something.

Probably your best bet ist to load everything in SSEEdit / XEdit (leave all plugins checked). Then search for this potion in "Skyrim.esm" and see, what mods overwrite the record. Take notes, if necessary. Then try, if disabling these mods changes anything.

EDIT: If you know, which mods affect the healing potion: Instead of simply disabling mods, you can also try to change their "relative load order".

What does this mean? Let's say, you have three mods making changes to that potion: A, B and C. Then you can try to sort these 3 mods in different orders: A, B, C - B, A, C - C, B, A and so on. Sometimes changes like these can help to avoid issues, because the "problematic" record gets overwritten.

OR you can create a patch in XEdit...

I've already looked in Xedit and nothing is overwriting it.

Edited by TheNerdyNeko

Cleaning your master files may be the source of your problem. I know that cleaning the masters caused a Dragonborn mess when nearing the final battle.

Oh? Good to know. I can try that.

So I have verified my Skyrim files which replaced the masters and there is still the crash. I have also added a bashed patch at the end of my load order. I mean it isn't much of a big deal since I can get potions in other ways, but it is annoying.