Problems in Gnisis...

Jenlyn Fayre

I'm in Gnisis and I'm trying to get that note that is proof that there's a conspiracy against Tiber Septim from the Thalos cult member in the "basement" of the barracks. I lockpick the small chest the note is in. When I take the note, the member attacks me. I kill him, then exit the chamber. Taa Daa-- suddenly every member of the Imperial Guard is on my keyster in 0 seconds flat. After getting the tar beaten out of me, I reloaded the game and taunted the Talos cult member, succeeded, then dispatched him. Took the note again, opened the door and BLAMMO-- got my butt kicked again. How do I take this note without calling the whole dang legion on me? Personally, I'm thinking of taking the note, casting a Divine Intervention spell, then returning to Gnisis to see Darius ASAP afterwards.

Any comments/suggestions? BTW, I have MW on XBox. No mods possible. Thanks ahead of time for your help.

You will be attacked by the guy who you first spoke to about the Talos Cult - Oritius Maro. He should be the only other one who attacks you. It is possible to use the approach you suggest but IIRC Darius sends you back to kill him anyway.

Not everyone in the legion attacks you, only talos cult members (theres a few more besides oritius, IIRC... just not everyone.) BUT! You can't have a bounty on your head that makes legion members hostile. Secondly, i would recommend invisibility after clearing out the cult room, and killing oritius. Just to be on the safe side. I didn't need it, and to this date, the legion isnt hostile to me (of course, this is some 100 days later, but even then they weren't hostile other then talos cult members...)

Thanks, everyone. I took the note and used Divine Intervention, which took me to the shrine right there in Gnisis! Gave the note to Darius, then returned to the barracks to "finish the job!" :whistling: As soon as I got in the door, I summoned a Golden Saint to help me take on the whole bunch. Only the one cult member came after me, and I let him hit me once so it was plainly see that "moooommmm, he started it!" Then, when I attacked him, he was the only one who faught me. I wasted a perfectly good Saint for nuthin'! Well, at least I got to see what one looks like. Sheesh, I wish I could have one of THOSE as a traveling companion! Beautiful AND deadly! We'd be the "Thelma & Louise" of MW!

If you do Edwinna's quests (Ald-Ruhn mages guild) you get amulets of divine and almsivi intervention. You may already have them. They are useful ways of getting around MW quickly.

Divine will take you to the nearest of - Ebonheart, Pelagiad, Gnisis, Fort Moonmoth (Balmora), Fort Buckmoth (Ald Ruhn), Wolverine Hall (Sadrith Mora), Palace Courtyard (Mournhold) and Fort Frostmoth on Solstheim.

Almsivi will take you to Gnisis, Balmora, Ald Ruhn, Vivec Temple, Molag Mar and Mournhold Temple. For some reason the temples in Suran, Ghostgate and Vos do not work.

They save an awful lot of walking about!

If you do Edwinna's quests (Ald-Ruhn mages guild) you get amulets of divine and almsivi intervention.  You may already have them.  They are useful ways of getting around MW quickly.

Divine will take you to the nearest of - Ebonheart, Pelagiad, Gnisis, Fort Moonmoth (Balmora), Fort Buckmoth (Ald Ruhn), Wolverine Hall (Sadrith Mora), Palace Courtyard (Mournhold) and Fort Frostmoth on Solstheim.

Almsivi will take you to Gnisis, Balmora, Ald Ruhn, Vivec Temple, Molag Mar and Mournhold Temple.  For some reason the temples in Suran, Ghostgate and Vos do not work.

They save an awful lot of walking about!

So both Divine/Almsivi intervention will take you to whatever temple is nearest to you?

Only to those I mentioned but basically your statement is correct. If you are on the east you will probably end up at Ald-Ruhn/Molag Mar (Almsivi) or Fort Buckmoth/Wolverine Hall (Divine). Molag Mar is not the most useful place to find yourself but the other places are close to mages guilds.

If you use Almsivi anywhere in Solstheim it will take you to Gnisis.

I'd like to add a warning at this point. When doing the Talos cult quests, make sure you have completed the Widow Vabas quest beforehand. Bethesda messed up the input text for these two, so when you ask about proof to Darius without having done the Widow Vabas quest but having completed the Talos cults quests, he will just say "Proof against a conspiracy against the Emperor."

I ran into this half-way through the Talos cult stuff, and thought that if i completed them it would revert, but no luck.

If someone with a small amount of knowledge of the TES would alter this i'd be appreciative. I'd do it myself but i have this god-awful fear of the thing.