Script Query

ChalkLine

I'm trying my hand at a mod, and I'd like the some structures to be built as the quest progresses (a bit like Raven Rock on Bloodmoon).

I know I'm going to have to look into this in an in-depth manner later, but I'm just mapping quest elements at the moment.

So my question is;

Do the areas effected have to be constructed in another cell and ported in? How do I make a ruined building slowly get rebuilt, complete with scaffolds and work crews?

I guess I'm confused because while I can easily design that sort of stuff in the construction set, obviously all the stages of the building can't be in the same place.

I guess I'm confused because while I can easily design that sort of stuff in the construction set, obviously all the stages of the building can't be in the same place.

Unfortunately, they usually have to be in the same place, and just enabled/disabled in groups using parenting.

You can use temporary interiors to store the arrangements. For every grouping you'll need one persistent, named reference to parent everything within that grouping to. You can do this by building area, or by stage. Parenting works by taking the enable state of the parent and applying it to the child, or applying the opposite state. You will need to enable the parented ref with the script to control what shows when, and disable any other groups within that spot. Essentially, everything has to be placed in the same spot, but only one group will be seen at once.

Packages and stuff can work off the quest stages which you are using to determine what is where when. It's a bit more complicated than it sounds, which is why there aren't many mods which attempt to do this.

• 6 months later...

Well I am going to show you what he said in a simpler way first you would have the building destroyed werever you have it then make hte for more repaired version then double click the more repaired version then click intially disabled then you add a script and a timer to enable the building werever as of the script I have 0 modding with but I know how they work so you make more repaired versions then do the script/timer then repeat as needed until the building is complete

as for the interiors you do the same but will need alot of interiors like updated versions. useing the method I said

as for the npc's building you would make packages (look up the elderscrolls guide on how to do that if needed) then make a travel package to get him there, then make a animation token forceing the animation to work then you make an X marker at the spot you want him to use the animation then make another package called use item then select the animation token you made and then Voila! you got a building being made.

theres a tutorial on how to make an animation token just gotta look for it.