Quick question on visual effects

i3ncore

Does anyone know how to apply the visual effects (weather?) shown here? It sometimes occurs in Blackreach and Falkreath hold, but I'd like it to be permanent and apply everywhere. It's very fantasy-like, most notably on player/NPCs:

459172-1649346000.jpg

If you're asking how to "force" change the weather, this console command might help

https://skyrimcommands.com/command/forceweather. (the link also includes an embedded link to the weather codes in its page content)

As to stopping the weather from changing once it's been set to a given weather code, idk.

PS> there are also mods that allow changing weather, like Proteus, and eventually, as you progress in the game, you'll be given the ability to shout "Clear Skies", if by any chance this weather you're noting is clear sky.

Hi anjenthedog, thank you for your response. I was mostly trying to figure out what caused the visuals to look so fantasy-like, as it seemed unique compared to everywhere else I'd seen in-game, and I just fell in love with it. Turns out it is indeed a weather effect, SkyrimClearVT/10A7A5 I believe (after briefly toggling different weathers).

I haven't used Proteus in a long time, but that's a good idea if there are no weather-specific alternatives out there that can apply this visual aesthetic.

Thank you again :)

Also, just fyi & fwiw, a mod like Imaginator can also be used to further enhance that fairy tale atmospheric. It's basically a color, brightness, saturation, etc control utility mod. Even has a little twist for using it (Imaginator uses a temporarily, hotkey spawned NPC to act as the "MCM" interface).