Problem with texture transition

stickplick

Hello.

Like I said in my title I downloaded the texture mod "Skyrim 2018 by Pfuscher" and also the 2020 version and the "Terrain parallax 2020" in the order mentioned in the description.

At first I thought that the problem was an other mod conflicting with this one but even with only this texture mod enabled I come across bad transition like this :

https://imgur.com/a/W9cJFBW

maybe someone could give me some advice ? maybe it's just how the game works for some thing and i just don't know it.

I don't know if it could help but i'm using the Re-Engaged ENB with Obsidian Weather.

Unfortunately, your link to imgur only shows me a blank white page. So I can't see the image.

Visible transitions can occur, if textures simply don't fit. Even if you don't have other textures installed, there can be a seam between custom textures and vanilla textures. There are also regions in the game (e.g. Riften and parts of the Rift), where Bethesda introduced some very bad texture seams (especially with ground textures). Unfortunately, there isn't much you can do about it.

ENB presets might emphasize texture seams (i.e. make them more clearly visible), they don't cause them though. So, it's definitely not your ENB's fault.

Sorry for this rather "generic" answer - as I said, unfortunately I can't see your pic.

I think you'd have to take that up with whomever created the retexturing mods you're using. (ex, the color disparities between two rocks/two somethings), or conceivably you could "fix it" yourself by editing the secondary textures (provided by the augmentation mod) using the color replacement tool in photoshop or similar

Since this time, I was actually able to see the image from an imgur link, I took the liberty of snapshotting one of the images for those who can't properly link to them ... fyi, in my experience over the past decade-ish, Imgur (or possibly it's user settings, idk) has a tendency to cause permissions problems and other issues that result in some people not being able to see the content from imgur links, especially those without imgur accounts.

Anyway, the snapshot seems a good example of the issue if I understand the nature of the complaint as being the disparate coloration.

what i wanted to show on your snapshot is the "weird" transition between the grass texture and the pebbles texture.

Like i said all of this come from the same mod and the rock texture is intended to be like this i should have specified it before I'm sorry.

here's what i wanted to emphasize.

No... I'm not saying that. I mistook your intent at first, hence my first stupid reply. As to your actual intent, I simply don't know. When I say "I figured" it wasn't an authoritative comment, just my own personal observation (and likely, my lazy ignorance).

I'm sure someone will chime in with a more salient reply given time.

Now I could see your first set of pictures. In picture #2 (and #3 too), there are some inconsistencies with the snow shader. Don't know exactly what's going on there, but you might try a different dynamic snow mod. I'd recommend Simplicity of Snow.

The other pictures are "only" mismatched textures and some bad terrain transitions from the Vanilla game IMHO. Transitions between rocks and moss have always been a problem in Skyrim. For the Solitude region, where this is very noticeable, there's a fix:

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/59802

What you CAN do: Try a different texture replacer altogether - or test, if another set of landscape textures as "supplement" (overwritten by Skyrim 2020) gives better results. If you use Vortex or MO 2, you can also try to change landscappe textures on a per file base. Getting that "almost perfect" look often means mixing and matching textures from different mods.

Okay thanks for your answer !
I'm already using Simplicity of Snow so I suppose that it's is not supposed to do that. Simplicity of snow only have conflict with SMIM so I suppose that this mod don't work well with Skyrim 2020 ?

As for the mismatched texture I will download the fix you gave me thanks for that !

Edit : I uninstalled Simplicity of snow and a lot of snow texture seems to work better without it (that's not really improve the transparency tho).

I took the same screen in the snow but without simplicity of snow to show the difference

https://imgur.com/a/W9cJFBW

Edited by stickplick