Is My Box A Potato - My Frames Suck!

mooit

Hello,

I posted this same message at the SSE Display Tweaks, but I also wanted to post this here.

My SkyrimSE.exe shows 1.6.353.0, I have the Address Library for SKSE Plugins, SKSE Current Anniversary Edition build 2.1.5 game version 1.6.353, and SSE Engine Fixes for 1.6.xxx.
My specs; i7-6700k, 16gb ram, gtx 1060 6gb on a 24" 144hz 1ms @ 1920x1080p.
I'm not sure if my specs for SE today, running a lot of mods, if these are now potato specs. I know it's older hardware, but I thought I could still get some decent frames, but I'm not.
I'm only averaging 30-50fps and it's not smooth at times, stuttering too. I thought with my specs I could still average 90-100 fps.
I tried using the SSE Display Tweaks mod, it doesn't change my frames at all, they are the same with it, or without it.
I also used BethINI, but it didn't help either.
These are the mods I'm running in MO2.
I've tried everything a person could in the Skyrim ini files, enb files, M02, my nvidia drivers, the SSE Display Tweaks, and nothing works.
I just don't know if I can get some decent frames with my hardware specs?
I don't know if there's anything of value in these links, especially when I thought that SSE Display Tweaks is the best thing to use.
Any help would be greatly appreciated, these low frames is really killing the experience and enjoyment, this really sucks... :sad:
THANKS

After posting this, I ran across these instructions, how to manually set Skyrim's Priority and the CPU Affinity.

MO2 with CPU Priority and Affinity Setup at Skyrim Special Edition Nexus - Mods and Community (nexusmods.com)

This really helps to make the game smoother, even on lower frames.

Now, I still need to try and figure out if I can increase my FPS on my specs...

You have an average computer, but even newest computers will struggle with Skyrim. 30-50 With your specs is pretty good. With an ENB on my i7 6700k & Vega 56 (similar to 1070 ti), I had to keep the resolution at 1080p to get a constant 50fps. Your GPU is good, but not amazing, so you may want to reduce your resolution.

I stepped away from Skyrim in 2019, and I started back last week, I forgot how bad ENB can be.

I was getting 50-70fps drop with Rudy ENB, so that's was the major problem.

BUT I set my CPU Affinity and the Skyrim Priority and even on low frames it's really smooth.

So for anyone not getting good frames be sure you set your CPU Affinity and the Skyrim EXE Priority, it makes a big difference.

There's a plugin;

Skyrim Priority SE AE - skse plugin at Skyrim Special Edition Nexus - Mods and Community (nexusmods.com)

Or you can do it manually;

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/51216

boring3 posted a powershell solution, mine looks like this;

[System.Diagnostics.Process]::Start("skse64_loader.exe").WaitForExit();
$p = [System.Diagnostics.Process]::GetProcessesByName("SkyrimSE")[0];
$p.PriorityClass = 0x80;
$p.ProcessorAffinity = 0xF5;

Now I just need to find a nice ENB not killing frames so bad...