Plague doctor outfit request

Leadpipe

Maybe you should make a version with and a version without? If you do put it on the outfit, maybe a small version of it on the chest over the heart would be a good place for it.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

good christ! this thing is looking good!

As to the caduceus (i knew there was a name for it, but I'm glad to finally learn what it's properly called), my suggestion would be to use some altered version that evokes it, the same way that the Brotherhood of Steel symbol evokes the U.N. logo. Though, without having a clear idea as to what the character of that individual or faction that it will be applied to I can see that this would be hard... again, just doing as i'm wont to do in this thread - shooting off random ideas. Let me ask that if you do use it, could you also include a decal of it so that I can use that in the implementation mod I'll be working out.

As to the prod, I'm not sure what you're asking about, but I'll put up the old-school fallout cattle-prods for reference (thought it wouldn't surprise me if someone's already gone and made those).

thanks guys, all good points. ill try to rethink the logo while im on vacation and get back to you.

as for the prod, i just meant the stick that they would traditionally carry around with them

so that they didnt have to touch people.

cheers

also i was wondering should he have a caduceus somewhere on his outfit?

http://img259.imageshack.us/img259/7701/homepgm.th.jpg

or would that take away from the creepiness?

The Cadeuceus is something that's more attached to modern medicine. Being as the Plague doctor is a decidedly old style, it wouldn't work well on it. (Especially when you factor in that modern doctors who would have it on their clothing would be wearing gas masks (or somesuch) and environmental suits.). If it's part of a faction, then yes, give him a symbol (Probably just a big red cross would be fine really). If you do it as a one-off in the Museum of History or whatevah, then no symbol necessary.

The Cadeuceus is something that's more attached to modern medicine. Being as the Plague doctor is a decidedly old style, it wouldn't work well on it. (Especially when you factor in that modern doctors who would have it on their clothing would be wearing gas masks (or somesuch) and environmental suits.). If it's part of a faction, then yes, give him a symbol (Probably just a big red cross would be fine really). If you do it as a one-off in the Museum of History or whatevah, then no symbol necessary.

The Plague Doctor symbol was a man with bird face, which is pratically the outfit shape, the red cross as medicine symbol is also recent International Red Cross was founded in 1862

• 3 weeks later...

The Plague Doctor symbol was a man with bird face, which is practically the outfit shape, the red cross as medicine symbol is also recent International Red Cross was founded in 1862

That's why if you were going to make the Plague Doctor part of a faction, you'd use the red cross rather than a caduceus (presumably you'd have other people not dressed as Plague Doctors in that faction too. If not, then no symbol needed at all, since the outfit is iconic on its own.). It's easier for your average guy in a post-apocalyptic wasteland to make. Whereas if it's one-off, and not a faction, then you can just let it stand on its own.