ℹ️ Intermittent Download History issues ×

Plague doctor outfit request

Leadpipe

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Let me know when you've finished it. I'll work up some way to incorporate it into the game, maybe a small settlement that's quarantined being tended to by a couple of doctors decked out in this. Maybe a couple of donation or retrieval quests for karma, that sort of thing.

This outfit would fit nicely to a Necronomicon story (written by Lovecraft). Scary outfit, scary tales. Maybe a closed observatorium where a mad scientist is conducting sick and bizarre experiments on kidnapped wastelanders. The barriers between reality and dream is thinning and soon you are trapped inside your own madness. Or some crazy priest that believes he has been sent by God to cleanse the sickness aka Ghouls.

Just some thoughts. Keep up the good work.

This outfit would fit nicely to a Necronomicon story (written by Lovecraft). Scary outfit, scary tales. Maybe a closed observatorium where a mad scientist is conducting sick and bizarre experiments on kidnapped wastelanders. The barriers between reality and dream is thinning and soon you are trapped inside your own madness. Or some crazy priest that believes he has been sent by God to cleanse the sickness aka Ghouls.

Just some thoughts. Keep up the good work.

My first thought is that the story/setting you're suggesting is sort of a combination between Dunwich Building, Hubris Comics (I think), and ... which building was it that had the guy with the mind control chips and the glowing one with a name? Was that the tricycle factory? Anyway, I'll take the idea on board, though I'll probably steer away from the Lovecraftian angle, as I've never properly read any of his work. A more sinister approach might be worth looking at, not so much a do-gooder area.

But I'll certainly take this on board, and probably end up with a morally gray theme, where the difference between good karma and bad karma is subtle and complex. Something like a community of doctors who ask you to kidnap people in order to clean them of a disease or genetic marker. Something like that. Maybe multiple dialogue options to coerce the people to go to the doctors, or an incapacitation item similar to the slave collar in Strictly Business.

I'm just brainstorming here. I don't want this to turn into a colossal project, but if anyone sees this and has ideas, that will help to keep me excited and thinking about it.

sounding good! im getting close to the end of texturing, and i have an early stage alternate mask and the "prodding stick" underway as well. im heading out of town for a few days, but ill post an update pic tonight or tomorrow if i can.

if anyone has pics of ways the stick could look, by all means throw them up. so far its just a dark branch looking thing, so im open to suggestions.

thanks for the input infinifighter, but dont you worry ive got the gloves covered :thumbsup:

heres another quick shot of where im at with the texturing

http://img410.imageshack.us/img410/8785/doc3004.th.jpg

also i was wondering should he have a caduceus somewhere on his outfit?

http://img259.imageshack.us/img259/7701/homepgm.th.jpg

or would that take away from the creepiness?

ill get back to it once i get home next week.

cheers