Plague doctor outfit request

Leadpipe

right now im at that last sort of stage where everything gets a bit slowed down, tiny details and bugs etc... but ive still got it on the go. next time my lady goes out of town ill get to have another solid chunk of time to work on it.. ive got a ton of stuff that is getting to that stage and i really need to start getting a few of them release ready for my own sanity :)

but dont worry ill definitely have it done :thumbsup:

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh holy... bejesus This looks amazing. I am thoroughly anticipating this mod and the quest Leadpipe is making. I made a request for a mod exactly like this here. I forgot to actually search for it here before posting that. ( ,_ ,)

I liked the beak from this one best but the finished product looks perfect. Well the eyepieces might look better tinted red.

• 2 weeks later...

This is looking fantastic. If I may, a small critique? It looks like the beak should be a little thinner and a little longer. Other than that, yeah, I think it should have a chipped out caduceus on it for sure, probably on the left sleeve, upper bicep.

Just an opinion.

This is freaking tops, can't wait to slap it on my evil medical characters :P

I've been playing around with it and looking for parts where it doesn't work (and trying to get screens of it). So far, not a lot. I've noticed that it does clip with the hunting rifle when it's slung over the back (which might be true of the source mesh as well) and occasionally I think I see torn seams in or around the armpit when using the hunting rifle, but I think you're aware of it.

Elsewise, it's worth mentioning that this requires Archive Invalidation. Any sort should work (or the one's I've played with did, anyway).

I'll post my pics early next week.

Here's some pictures of what I'm seeing. I'm not sure if they illuminate anything for you that you didn't already know.

http://i885.photobucket.com/albums/ac59/LeadpipeStudios/ScreenShot89.jpg

http://i885.photobucket.com/albums/ac59/LeadpipeStudios/ScreenShot98.jpg

and this one just because it looks really good close up:

http://i885.photobucket.com/albums/ac59/LeadpipeStudios/ScreenShot111.jpg

thanks LeadPipe

yes those armpit holes have been quite an annoying problem which i still havent completely figured out. it may have something to do with averaging vertices or weighting when exporting the mesh, because they are still lined up perfectly and those holes dont appear on the original scribe mesh. the only thing ive changed is removing some of the extra parts from around the waist, but that may cause the weighting to shift or something.

the rifle clipping i wasnt aware of. its odd because i didnt change that part of the original outfit mesh. but possibly bethesda never intended for scribes to be carrying guns on their backs... hmm ill look into it. thanks for the diligence.

cheers

• 2 weeks later...

So I jumped the gun on importing the hat because it's great and I didn't want to wait to start using it. This took me down a strange and winding road with the sideways hat thing and copious use of the search feature. I eventually got it working and the next blurb is the sad story of how it was so. Skip to the next part if you're not interested.

So, I imported the object by hand using the meshes and textures provided and just recreated the hat as I saw it. It worked until I put it on a character, then it went sideways. Update facegen didn't work so I did some more digging and found that I needed a .egm file to orient the hat and that I'd need a particular utility to do that (I think it was conformulator). So I go about digging in all the .bsas extracting all the .nifs and .tris and so on that I'm told I need and plop them into the utility and it doesn't work. Not that it exported a file that doesn't work, it simply doesn't work. I've encountered that a few times as I'm using Vista 64 bit.

At this point, I say, "[expletive deleted] it, I'm just going to fake it and see what happens." So I go back into the meshes .bsa and pull out the default human head .egm, rename and relocate it to conform to the rest of the hat data and Bingo! It worked.

Now, I've got two questions, WTF did I do that worked? and how did you get that hat working without a .egm file in the first place?

Edit: lol, bad words get replaced with *ban me*