Can my 10900K and 2080Ti reliably run 4 or 8k textures?

Systemlord30

I use several 4K textures, but no 8K. I'm only running a 1060SC 6G (+ 9700K fwiw), so most are 2K or lower. I run as hard as I can without negatively impacting my game. I'd *think* that that combo should be able to handle far more than me, although I couldn't say if you could run "fully" at 8K or if it's even possible

Also not exactly sure how much better it'd look using a 'standard' monitor either, so hopefully you have a 4K monitor to back that card.

if I had that CPU and GPU, I'd probably try to push them as far as I could take them without killing gameplay, all 8K daggers and similar minutial fluff aside (No offense to creators of 4K/8k coins and daggers and potion vials, they're quite loverly)

• 2 weeks later...

video memory is going to be the biggest obstacle but being that it's a 2080TI where the TI is emphasis on vram, you should be fine. I used to run 2k/4k textures on a 1070GTX back in the day and right now with a 3080RTX I have no more performance issues in bed, i mean... Playing the game. It's very nice. I have even the 8k texture mods for a lot of things. Go as hard as you can and pull back if you get performance issues :)