Fully Voiced Orc Follower: Developers Log - Suggestions Welcome!

Preykousis

What's up everyone! This thread is designed to bring updates and also obtain suggestions from this community.

What is the mod about?

• Adds a unique Orc follower into Skyrim.
  • Will be fully voiced with thousands of lines of dialogue.
  • Will have a unique quest in order to acquire him.
  • Will be fully "fleshed" out. This follower will have a rich background and plenty of random responses to you, the areas around him, and the enemies he faces.
  • Can distinguish the player race and sex type, with appropriate dialogue to match.
  • Will comment on the players gear and spells.

This all started when I reviewed the Inigo mod. The author inspired me to create this, since he himself had little knowledge to begin with and produced an amazing follower. I always wanted my own Orc follower, so I decided to strap in and learn about the CK, find a VA for him, and get to it!

Progress so far?

Well, it's in its infancy right now, but here's what's been done so far:

• Follower created in the CK, including traits, but not finalized on abilities as of yet. The name is still being held back as it may change.
  • After attempting voice acting myself (which failed miserably) I managed to find a volunteer VA from the Skywind forums, see below my attempt and his:

This was my terrible attempt, and I realised I wouldn't be able to consistently keep the voice up.

Here is the new VA's voice in-game. The voice starts around the 3 minute mark, being a developers log I talk about it quite a bit.

As you can hear, it's better than me and fits in perfectly!
  • Started on the script.

Suggestions?

Yes! I really want suggestions from the community on this!

I mentioned many random responses right? Well, I'd like to know what you'd like to hear him say. He'll sound better with more ideas from different people. Here are the categories for small random lines for suggestions:

• Basic Follower Functions: Such as "Follow me", "Wait here", "I''d like to trade some things with you" etc.
  • Enemy Taunts: Just like Inigo, he will taunt the enemies he faces! As you saw in the second video above, he'll even have unique gender responses to factions as well, as he said "Filthy Bandit Wench" to a female bandit. I want to really add many responses here, to all enemy types in Skyrim, the more the merrier!
  • Player Race & Sex: Like I mentioned above and in the video, he can track the players race and sex type, and comment accordingly. So a few various responses per race would be nice to add to the mix!
  • Area References: He'll be able to track his location and comment on what he thinks, what would you like him to say?

Remember that he's a cold blooded killer and drug dealer... so his responses should fit that character.

Well! I think I covered everything in this thread so far. Updates will arrive in post and video form, so keep checking in. Anyone who submits any lines that are kept in the final mod will be included in the mod credits when released!

• 3 years later...