Japanese power armor texture...

brothershogo

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow! The armor looks great, helmet too. Personally i think the sword fits in the game nicely the way it is, though you could possibly make it a bit more streamlined/blade-like by placing the 'arms' that the lasers shoot from under a 45 degree angle instead of 90 so you get more of a 'tip' on the blade. Either way, keep up the good work! :thumbsup:

I don't think you have to be a Japanophile to appreciate this armor, acoathanger. It's pretty over the top, and honestly, brings to mind the way the U.S. viewed the Japanese during WWII... that is to say, as nationalistic fanatics. Considering that Fallout 3 is a game full of this sort of thing, with all the propaganda (both Communist and anti-Communist) for the sake of black comedy, this doesn't really feel out of place as it is.

That said, I too would appreciate some more "understated" textures that, while maybe including a "made in Japan" stamp somewhere on it to identify its origin, feature a bit less of the overt influences. Maybe something for the special ops/elite infiltrator unit? Like unmarked choppers.

Yea I'll definitely include some "plain" vanilla version of the texture without all the japanese insignia, once I release the final version...

Are you still going to release the plasma thrower or is it on hold?

Its on hold for now. Can't figure out how to add the green fire without changing, the regular flame thrower effect, which would mean that the flamethrower would spit green fire too.