Japanese power armor texture...

brothershogo

Thanks speedy. Its still a wip. I will add detail and change the shape of some of the plating to make it more interesting.... Any suggestions? anything I should add or take out?

I was thinking of adding on some cables and other little mechanical details to it...

EDIT:

Its also suppose to have two modes. Ones is ballistics protection mode when the plates are flipped up to deflect incoming projectiles. The second mode is a kinetic protection mode when the plates are flipped down to help absorb melee attacks.... Maybe I'll include both models in different modes with different stats....

backview:

http://img207.imageshack.us/img207/2931/yamatobackview.jpg

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A very cool idea. And yeah, for the 2 modes, it'd probably be better for it to be 2 different sets. I'm not sure if cables would fit this design, since it already looks great.

The plates on the back look kind of out of place (not sure why, they just look wrong) But the rest of them are perfect. (maybe instead of two big plates try 6 smaller ones arranged along the spine pointing out to the sides (sort of rib cage like).

Thanks. I appreciate the feedback.

Yea, they do look a little awkward placed on the back like that. ( I think thats one of the main reasons it looks more anime than fallout) I might try having a verticle row of plates going down the spine... I'll see what happens.

Also, I was wondering if there were any modders out there who would want to work on a small project with me. All I want to do is incorporate a small quest to get the new armor, so it makes it a little more interesting. I was thinking of something simple... like a little bomb bunker out in the middle of the wastes. It would be just one room underground with a ladder leading to the surface (nothing special). A radio would be on a table playing old japanese war radio recordings. Maybe a japanese war flag hanging from the wall, a couple lockers, a Ham radio, couple crates, enclave stuff, etc.... and like 6 enclave-hired japanese mercenaries wearing the armor. Dunno if anyone is interested.

Looks like an exoskeleton spine now. Looks pretty good.