Brawl bug(fix not working)

CodyME

That is a video -teaching- users how to clean mods. What Gopher says is that users should generally not clean every single mod (true), and should have a relatively good idea what how to do this before they go ahead and do it. What I have suggested you do is not to clean -every single mod-, but only mods that have been flagged by BOSS as containing 'dirty edits.'

Plugin cleaning is an important aspect of maintaining a clean and stable load order. So download TES5Edit, follow the instruction in Gopher's video or the step by step instruction on the page linked in your BOSS log. You will need to 1) remove identical to master entries, and 2) undelete/disable deleted references (this one is more important, CTD-prevention wise).

- for now, clean only plugins flagged by BOSS as containing 'dirty edits.'

- do not repeat clean mods.

I don't know what 'extra feature' 'Possessive Corpses' adds which hasn't already been included in USKP, but 'Possessive Corpses' has not been updated since February 2012. That's over a year ago, which means if any official updates made changes to the relevant scripts modified by PC, PC's edits will not include (and will in fact override) those updated changes. It also apparently does not support any DLCs. You are advise to uninstall the mod, but it's entirely up to you. If you trust and modder and has assurances from him/her. I am not going to bother to check the source script to verify since I don't use the mod. This is not related to the 'brawl bug patch' issue you have reported, but tends to the 'long term health' of your savegames.

There are other 'error' messages, you are advised to double check, or even triple check, the entire log to make sure you attend to every message. Again, not related to the 'brawl bug', but to maintaining a clean and stable load order in general.

Also, you didn't answer my question about what you normally do with the plugins not recognized by BOSS. This is probably the most likely cause of why the 'brawl bug fix' patch is not working for your modded set up.

There was a discussion about possessive corpses back in April of this year.

"Yes. unofficial patches didn't handle things like nirnroots or ash piles anymore and the official Skyrim's efficiency on this is open to debate. Anyway, even if the last ash pile fix in Skyrim 1.9 finally work this time, the very concept is wrong (the idea is to delete the ash piles only once you return to that cell after the spawn time has expired, those cells you didn't visit again will remain soiled and if you return earlier the time for the next respawns resets. This mod removes ash piles when you are far enough)."

And:

"This mod cover some things that the unofficial patch didn't cover, because they consider the official ones already does. I was right about covering the ashes, as the fact that Beth fixed it again in the last patch suggest. Anyway, even if this time works, this mod clean the ashes as fast as you are far enough, while Beth's method didn't clean them until you return to the cell after the respawn time (if you never return to a cell or you return always before the time expires, the ash piles won't be cleanned from memory ever). Then, this also covers nirnrooths and makes corpses not crumble to ashes after having been reanimated (unless you preffer it the other way, then just don't use the reanimateashpiles.pex file.

Despite the errors you get in Boss, using both mods won't cause any harm."

As for plugins that are not recognized by BOSS? Well, I keep them around. I also submit each one to the BOSS team so that they may be included in the future.

I'll clean the mods as you suggested then. Just the ones BOSS tells me to clean. See if it fixes anything. I'll make an update post once I check.

As for plugins that are not recognized by BOSS? Well, I keep them around. I also submit each one to the BOSS team so that they may be included in the future.

I mean what do you do with them in your load order. Do you arrange their load order position manually as instructed by BOSS? If so, what method do you use to determine where they should load? Everytime you run BOSS, unrecognized plugins go to the bottom of the load order. They should absolutely not be allowed to load that way. The most important thing you need to do is to figure out if they contain conflicting records with the other plugins in the load order. Most people simply load them before or after 'similar function' plugins. This is not a reliable method. Sometimes users go by suggestions from the mod author if the mod authors provided load order suggestions. This is better but still not ideal, since no mod author can account of every single load order combination ou there. The best method for making the determination is to use TES5Edit, load all your plugins, then expand the records for the unrecognized plugins to check and see if there are any conflicting records. If there are none, the it's generally safe to load those plugins any where above dynamically generated compatibility patches (e.g. Bashed Patch). If they do contain conflicting records, short of creating a custom compatibility patch, you will need to decide, based on which records are conflicting, which mod should 'win' the contest of conflicts in a way that will best optimized the stability of the load order (conflicting records of mods loaded later will 'override' mods loaded earlier).

I mean what do you do with them in your load order. Do you arrange their load order position manually as instructed by BOSS? If so, what method do you use to determine where they should load? Everytime you run BOSS, unrecognized plugins go to the bottom of the load order. They should absolutely not be allowed to load that way. The most important thing you need to do is to figure out if they contain conflicting records with the other plugins in the load order. Most people simply load them before or after 'similar function' plugins. This is not a reliable method. Sometimes users go by suggestions from the mod author if the mod authors provided load order suggestions. This is better but still not ideal, since no mod author can account of every single load order combination ou there. The best method for making the determination is to use TES5Edit, load all your plugins, then expand the records for the unrecognized plugins to check and see if there are any conflicting records. If there are none, the it's generally safe to load those plugins any where above dynamically generated compatibility patches (e.g. Bashed Patch). If they do contain conflicting records, short of creating a custom compatibility patch, you will need to decide, based on which records are conflicting, which mod should 'win' the contest of conflicts in a way that will best optimized the stability of the load order (conflicting records of mods loaded later will 'override' mods loaded earlier).

I see..Well I keep my Bashed patched at the bottom of my load order. With the dual sheath patch the only thing below it. Aside from that I do not do too much with them aside from what I am told by mod authors. Any mods that I feel might have some similar traits with the BOSS recognized plugins are put above them so that the recognized mods will write over them. However most(if not all) of the unrecognized mods do not have any similarities with the recognized mods.

I see..Well I keep my Bashed patched at the bottom of my load order. With the dual sheath patch the only thing below it. Aside from that I do not do too much with them aside from what I am told by mod authors. Any mods that I feel might have some similar traits with the BOSS recognized plugins are put above them so that the recognized mods will write over them. However most(if not all) of the unrecognized mods do not have any similarities with the recognized mods.

Yeah, so basically, your best bet is to check them out in TES5Edit yourself. Based on all the information you have given, if I had to bet on where the cause of the 'brawl bug fix not working' issue is, I would bet one of those mods contain one or more conflicting record with the brawl bug fix plugin, or edited the same script as the brawl bug plugin...something to that effect. There is no certainty to this, but I think it's the best place for an 'informed start' on troubleshooting this issue with your modded set up.

• 4 months later...

Not sure if you were able to resolve your issue but I was having the exact same problem. I found SmartCast to be the cause. I was autocasting "Healing" during the fight which ended the fight. Disabled the spell before the brawl and it worked fine. I don't see SmartCast in your MOD list, but check for any MOD that is causing you to cheat during the fight.

Not sure if you were able to resolve your issue but I was having the exact same problem. I found SmartCast to be the cause. I was autocasting "Healing" during the fight which ended the fight. Disabled the spell before the brawl and it worked fine. I don't see SmartCast in your MOD list, but check for any MOD that is causing you to cheat during the fight.

Problem has been resolved yes. I never used smartcast. Thanks anyway.

Edited by CodyME