Bioshock Infinite Shotgun Mod (Created from Grenade Rifle)

Yogogamer

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was browsing the mods and found that a user by the name of scottmack made something that resemble the BI shotgun,Just a little.

Scottmack does some really great work with weapons and other modding, but we've butted heads once before in a thread and I doubt I'm on his favorites list. But for a simple mod like this we don't need anybody else's resources, just need a half hour or hour of free time (which I hope to have this evening, and if not the weekend).

I was browsing the mods and found that a user by the name of scottmack made something that resemble the BI shotgun,Just a little.

Scottmack does some really great work with weapons and other modding, but we've butted heads once before in a thread and I doubt I'm on his favorites list. But for a simple mod like this we don't need anybody else's resources, just need a half hour or hour of free time (which I hope to have this evening, and if not the weekend)O

Oh,I didn't know, Unfortunately i don't have 49.99$ at the moment to rebuy it from steam but as i said i'm working on that and i can only take low quality PlayStation Screens at this time, So it could be hard.

Did a bit of work on the grenade rifle version (pic);

http://i1066.photobucket.com/albums/u404/devinlpatterson/FONV%20Mods-works%20in%20progress/bioshock_zpsc2084f84.jpg

I also split the metal on teh butt from the wood. The idea being that we can use the grenade rifle texture for both the wooden part of the butt and the metal part, so it matches the rest of the rifle. However, at the moment nifskope isn't letting me edit the UV map (texture comes up but no map), so I'm not too sure what's going on there.

http://i1066.photobucket.com/albums/u404/devinlpatterson/FONV%20Mods-works%20in%20progress/bioshock_zpsc2084f84.jpg

I also split the metal on teh butt from the wood. The idea being that we can use the grenade rifle texture for both the wooden part of the butt and the metal part, so it matches the rest of the rifle. However, at the moment nifskope isn't letting me edit the UV map (texture comes up but no map), so I'm not too sure what's going on there.

That looks great! And as for the textures i would use the lever-action texture for the wood, Are you planning on making the steel around the barrel into wood too? Here's a picture of what i'm speaking of

As that would make sense seeing as pretty much the only metal parts on the gun are the barrel, the sight, the trigger and the trigger guard, And thanks again for doing this,The world needs more people like you, Kind and helpful

Edited by Yogogamer

That looks great! And as for the textures i would use the lever-action texture for the wood, Are you planning on making the steel around the barrel into wood too? Here's a picture of what i'm speaking of

http://forums.nexusmods.com/public/style_images/underground/attachicon.gifBioshock Shotgun Metal Parts.jpg

As that would make sense seeing as pretty much the only metal parts on the gun are the barrel, the sight, the trigger and the trigger guard, And thanks again for doing this,The world needs more people like you, Kind and helpful

Just some food for thought. :laugh:

I'd recommend using the wood texture that's on the grenade launcher because the lever action textures won't fit the grenade launcher model very well. I'll take a look at it, but I suspect that would be a much better choice than vice versa.

It might be possible to make the forestock wood only, if we can find a decent patch of wood in the texture that we don't have to stretch or otherwise mangle to map to teh model. Or in another dds.

Well we're all fans just trying to help each other out brother.

I'd recommend using the wood texture that's on the grenade launcher because the lever action textures won't fit the grenade launcher model very well. I'll take a look at it, but I suspect that would be a much better choice than vice versa.

It might be possible to make the forestock wood only, if we can find a decent patch of wood in the texture that we don't have to stretch or otherwise mangle to map to teh model. Or in another dds.

Well we're all fans just trying to help each other out brother.

I see what youre saying about the lever action textures not fitting And making the forestock all wood would make it closer to it's bioshock successor, And yes stretching the textures is quite difficult. Don't forget to keep me posted :laugh:

Hmmm, I would love to do this, it would take a few days, possibly weeks, but I could....

Sounds good brother, I'm slammed for time so it's all yours. It won't take you days or weeks, just half an hour or 45 minutes in blender.

Cut off the original stock, copy and paste the one from the lever action shotgun. Separate/rip the metal part on the lever action stock from the wood part. Change the texture for the lever action stock to the dds of the grenade launcher. Move the texture map (so you can use the same wood texture as the grenade rifle) around on the lever action stock.

Notes; Double check when you export from blender that all the nodes are there. You may have to change the grip since the stock is different (maybe not). Might want to make sure all the materials properties in the nif match between the two stocks.

That's about all I can think of. You'll probably have to wait on the texture until we the OP can get a hi res screenshot.

If you want to skip the modeling part and start on just the texture map, I UL the nif and a blend file here.